Awful nail experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerryanne

Reaction score
I dunno why but I just remembered this and I still find it a bit shocking..
I think I was 16 years old and I went in the a nail salon... You know there places that can do nails quicker then anything and your not sure if everyone who works there are legal to be in the country and they use the machine files???

Well anyways it wasn't the first time I had went there and to be honest the nails weren't done that well but all the girls from my school got there nails done there so I wanted to as well LOL.

Got them done on the morning and I remember by lunch time my left index finger was really hurting so I just took some pain killers and got on with my day and had a date on the evening but only lasted about an hour on this date cause I was in so much pain with my finger and when I got it to the light it was GREEN and puffy BORK!!!

I cleaned a needle and popped the pus out and there was loads of it, it was vile :-O
I did everything I thought I should do like keep it clean and what ever but my finger got worse :-( the acrylic nail fell off along with the bottom section of my nail :-S
The infection just kept getting worse and worse and I went to the doctor who gave me stuff for it month later and the infection was spreading down my finger and to be honest it looked like finger you see on a zombie in a horror movie!

I get sent to the hospital and they put me on an IV and had to stay in and the doctors told me I might have to be ready for the fact that I may loose a part of my finger!

I was never so scared in all my life!

They said that they must not have been cleaning there files after every client and all sorts but by the time I got out of hospital with my finger all there and healing nicely the nail bar was closed for good.

That is horrific!! You poor thing. I wish there were more restrictions on who is allowed to do nails on people! xx

Oh dear lord! How horrible! That is so upsetting :( glad your ok now though :) somr people just are not cut out for the industry.

That is terrible. I avoid those places like the plague and only go to reputable technicians. Glad to hear you were ok in the end.

Latest posts

Back