BA (Hons) Hair, Make-Up and Prosthetics for Performance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Just after a little advice from those of you who are makeup artists.

I'd really love to do the above course at London university of arts, I'm a qualified beauty therapist to Level 3 although makeup has always been my main interest along with nails.

Have any of you geeks done this course? Or one alike? How did you find it?

Will my level 3 beauty be enough to get me on the course? I have no A levels only GCSE's and my level 2 & 3 beauty.

Thanks ladies!!

Its worth applying with the qualifications you have because they cant expect everyone to come from a beauty background and also have a levels.

I wouldnt have thought that you need to study this subject to degree level to be on top of your game because there are lots of good media type make up courses at level three that dont come with the price tag and academic paper work but then again if its something that you want to base your main career on then it could be worth doing.

Its worth bearing in mind that once youve had student loans for one degree, there are restrictions on getting another loan to do another degree so because this subject can be done at level three (nvq 3 beauty make up route for eg) then if you have another degree subject in mind for the future then i would ask myself if i needed to study make up at degree level.

All that said though it does look interesting and worthwhile so if you want it then go for it :)

Its worth applying with the qualifications you have because they cant expect everyone to come from a beauty background and also have a levels.

I wouldnt have thought that you need to study this subject to degree level to be on top of your game because there are lots of good media type make up courses at level three that dont come with the price tag and academic paper work but then again if its something that you want to base your main career on then it could be worth doing.

Its worth bearing in mind that once youve had student loans for one degree, there are restrictions on getting another loan to do another degree so because this subject can be done at level three (nvq 3 beauty make up route for eg) then if you have another degree subject in mind for the future then i would ask myself if i needed to study make up at degree level.

All that said though it does look interesting and worthwhile so if you want it then go for it :)

Thanks for your reply, it's defiently something I want to do, I know that without a doubt, I don't think I will be wanting to change careers in the future, you never know mind! I think doing the degree will give me the opportunity to do really in depth makeup! Xx

Just bumping for more info :) x

Well unfortunately my qualification (level 3 beauty) doesn't allow me to do this course, I'm gutted as I would have been able to get funding for this rather than having to pay privately! Does anyone have any recommendations on any other course's I could attend? Thanks geek!

You can usually do a one year access course to get on degrees if you don't have the relevant qualifications.
Well you used to be able to.
Have you looked into that?

You can usually do a one year access course to get on degrees if you don't have the relevant qualifications.
Well you used to be able to.
Have you looked into that?

Hia! Yeah I did but I'd have to pay quite abit for it! Because I've already got my level 3! :-( x

Hia! Yeah I did but I'd have to pay quite abit for it! Because I've already got my level 3! :-( x

Some colleges give assistance though, or let you pay monthly, whicj makes it easier to manage. And it's got to be cheaper than funding a 3 year degree course!

Hope you find something suitable it sounds like an interesting course.
:)

Latest posts

Back