Baby hamper ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
My best friends having a baby in September and I'm making her a Hamper.. Wipes, baby oil, talc etc, all the usual stuff. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of different things I can add in? Xx

I had one as gift with my first & it was in a lovely box with Winnie the Pooh on I kept the box for all the keepsakes still have it now he's 5 still adding things :) just a thought, I had nappies wipes, sudocrem baby shampoo a little photo album. Had a nappy cake with the second was mainly nappies bibs vests.

Oh my auntie does these for family

One bit if advice don't put in johnsons products they are nasty for baby,

Baby gap thick socks are the best and stay on
Zara do amazing vests that pop up at the front so you don't need to pull over babies head
Some weaning bits
Gina ford contented weaning book
Teething rings
A swaddle robe (triangular sheet)

Some ideas that others may not think of
You get millions of outfits and towels and blankets

Depends how much you want to spend really,
Oh Iv got 3 girls x

And put a little something in it for her. I always do and goes down a treat, face mask, bubble bath, moisturiser, a v small pack of choccys oh and a dummy for baby. She might not want one but that cud change at 2 in the morning lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my auntie does these for family

One bit if advice don't put in johnsons products they are nasty for baby,

Baby gap thick socks are the best and stay on
Zara do amazing vests that pop up at the front so you don't need to pull over babies head
Some weaning bits
Gina ford contented weaning book
Teething rings
A swaddle robe (triangular sheet)

Some ideas that others may not think of
You get millions of outfits and towels and blankets

Depends how much you want to spend really,
Oh Iv got 3 girls x

Oh no! Really? Iv bought absolutely loads of johnsons stuff :( wipes, oil, shampoo! Xx

I got one from my best friend and one from my sister. They both had nappies, wipes, nappy bags & sudocream then the one from my sister had calpol, saline drops & a nose sucker, infacol, paul mitchell baby set, talc, disposable bibs & bath toy. The one from my best friend had a teddy, blanket, bottle of wine for me, carpet cleaner for accidents and some baby smellies. The baskets have since become toy baskets for my now 15 month olds bedroom.

And put a little something in it for her. I always do and goes down a treat, face mask, bubble bath, moisturiser, a v small pack of choccys oh and a dummy for baby. She might not want one but that cud change at 2 in the morning lol x

Yes that's a good idea, I was thinking about what I could buy her and add it to the hamper the other day x

Oh no! Really? Iv bought absolutely loads of johnsons stuff :( wipes, oil, shampoo! Xx

Pop the wipes and oil in but not give her shampoo or bath bubbles

Infacare is really nice for babies bath but your actually told now to use plain water,

Pop the wipes and oil in but not give her shampoo or bath bubbles

Infacare is really nice for babies bath but your actually told now to use plain water,

Why no shampoo or bubbles? Bounty give them away in pregnancy packs so they should be fine!?!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

They advise against it these days,
My girls are only 3yrs apart and I was told to do everything different in the same hospital!

They just change their protocol constantly.

I think it maybe to do with a certain brand of baby products that are just far to harsh and cause loads of skin conditions.

I always used infacare it's lovely just a small drop

My friends a midwife and she was saying the advice now is nothing in bath and don't bath every night!

My advice to any expectant mum and there are a few on here just now so take heed avoid that certain brand trust me on this one.

Op mama mio products are lush for mum!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376161941.994064.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376161950.365251.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376161950.365251.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 273
My girls are only 3yrs apart and I was told to do everything different in the same hospital!

I think it maybe to do with a certain brand of baby products that are just far to harsh and cause loads of skin conditions.

My friends a midwife and she was saying the advice now is nothing in bath and don't bath every night!

My advice to any expectant mum and there are a few on here just now so take heed avoid that certain brand trust me on this one.

Where can I get mama mio products from? Are they especially for new moms? X

Where can I get mama mio products from? Are they especially for new moms? X

Yes google them youl be able to buy online no doubt my local pharmacy used to stock them,
You get a travel kit with a selection of mini products to try,

Yes google them youl be able to buy online no doubt my local pharmacy used to stock them,
You get a travel kit with a selection of mini products to try,

Ah Thankyou x

I didn't trust anyone and I only used water with my baby and I only bathed her 2 times a week tops but I did flannel wash her twice a day (with plain water and that was 20 months ago)

There 3 years between mine & everything different for both, with my second I was told not to use anything just plain water, my first had bubble baths from newborn lol! Mama mio used to be in boots not sure if it still is as I don't go there really I had some stuff when I had my youngest now 1 & half

Oh mine are 6,4&3 so it's probably all changed loads since then,

Mine were bathed every night to get them into a routine early my hubby works away so it was strict in my house at bed time had to be with 3 under 3 and 1 parent lol
Miss those baby days now they are cheeky divas xx

Oh mine are 6,4&3 so it's probably all changed loads since then,

Mine were bathed every night to get them into a routine early my hubby works away so it was strict in my house at bed time had to be with 3 under 3 and 1 parent lol
Miss those baby days now they are cheeky divas xx

I was told to bath her every night but I know myself that water is damaging and I thought if her skin is weaker then mine surely baths are bad, so didn't follow suit, she has not had a single skin problem or Nappie rash ever.
My niece on the other hand was bathed every night with boots bubbles and she had rashes all the time.
It could be water it could be bubbles but it could be just her, I think every baby is different but as midwives hear more complaints they change the guidelines to suit the majority

Well that's what I think lol x

Iv text my friend asking what she thought of the johnsons products as iv bought her loads... She said all midwife said was to use just plain water and cotton wool for the first few weeks then its fine after that. She says surely if they were bad for babies they would take them off the shelves and johnsons wouldn't be able to advertise on tv as being the most gentle to babies skin!? I'm confused. Xx

My sister-in-law is due her second in Jan and I'm planning on getting her some Buriti Baby products from The Body Shop along with a few pampering bits for her. It's supposed to be all natural and safe for baby, and maybe something she wouldn't think of herself x

Latest posts

Back