Baby shower pamper party-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treatyourfeet

Reaction score
I've been asked to do a pamper party and I was wondering if anyone could help me with my pricings.

I normally charge £18 for shellac mani/pedi
Or £21 with glitter foils or additive

For the pamper party they want me to price up mini treatments.

I was thinking file and polish with shellac £10
And £13 with glitter,foils or additive? No cuticle work? Which is normally what take me ages!mor shall I not file literally just apply the shellac so they get a taster for it?

Also they want me to do lashes (I do semi permanent)

I charge £40 for a full set and £20 for an hours Infills. I was thinking of doing 45 mins for £15 and just do the lashes spaced out almost like a thin set ?

Has anyone else done anything similar and what did you charge? What were your experiences?

Thanks

Don't you have to do the cuticle work with shellac? I use opi gelcolor, and you have to do the cuticle work to get the colour to last. I don't use shellac so I don't know if its the same. Could you do regular mini manis instead?

yes you need to do cuticle work with shellac, it is one of the most important steps in the shellac process. Do you use CND Shellac? £10 is ridiculously cheap. Personally I can't see how you can do mini treatments when you do Shellac or SP Lashes (maybe someone will correct me but that is my opinion). I do mini treatments for pamper parties but do massage, facials, mani or pedi with normal polish.

edit: sorry pressed the wrong button. What are you qualified in and maybe we can help you make up a party list?

I'm qualified nvq level 2 and 3 beauty and also qualified in acrylics and lashes separately after I finish college 6 years ago.

I don't offer normal polish as I Never get any requests for it at all. I know £10 is cheap but was thinking as its only a mini treatment? I didn't realise if the cuticle work wasn't done shellac wouldn't stick (I learnt shellac in the salon I worked in so didn't do the shellac course) because of the treatments I offer it's really hard to make them into mini treatments. I want to give a taster so people will come back to me for more but not sure what I can do. I will be doing waxing bits as well. Hmmmmm I don't know what to do :(

Thanks for your replies x

Oh and yes I use CND shellac which I buy from ellisons (not eBay don't panic) :)

I would rather do a SPA mani or SPA pedi then Shellac, you can do the cuticle work, exfoliate then leave them to relax with the mask with a warm towel while you move to next person. Then you just have to come back for a short massage after. A facial massage with scented oils could be good to, then you can apply a warm mask or something like that.

Sent from my GT-I93000 using SalonGeek

Why dont you speak to them and explain how long a shellac mani/pedi takes as you will need to do cuticle work aswel or if they want a mini mani/pedi with normal polish, places like sallys always have opi polish on sale-i bought some last week for my normal mani/pedi's for £1.26! then you have your waxing. SP lashes, i cant see how you can do them in short spaces of time unless you do them very sparingly, maybe offer them glamour lashes which wont take as long? Biut explain you do SP aswel for future reference. Mini facials?

you will be much better off wearing shellac yourself and making up some leaflets about shellac and why it is such a good product, also maybe do your own lashes and talk to them about them, again maybe make up a leaflet about sp lashes.

I find massage at pamper parties go down really well, just a basic 30minute back neck and shoulder massage, and i also offer a head neck and shoulder massage again 30 minutes long, maybe even offer a hand and arm massage or foot and leg massage. If you have the products you could also add a mini facial; cleanse, tone, mask and moisturise?

If you are still stuck on the idea of wanting to do shellac and lashes i would explain to the women who is holding the party that neither of your treatments can be cut down in time to make it a mini but say you will offer a % off (maybe 10% or 15%) if X amount of people have treatments done, just make sure you put a minimum amount of people or you might end up going and doing 1 or 2 people x

Not sure that there is any way to make Shellac a mini treatment as there's nothing you can shortcut. You could do a 10% discount on a regular treatment - but then you'd have to make sure you have the time to fit everyone in.

Like others have said I do regular polish for mini mani and pedi.

Maybe do one of the lady's in shellac to promote it to the others and mini mani/pedi/massge etc for the rest?

I agree with posts above you can't cut corners with a shellac treatment. I'd get yourself booked onto the course it's very reasonably priced for the course itself and then you will also learn your cost per service....I guarantee then you won't want to charge £10. By setting such a low price it cheapens your product and service for future treatments and then people will assume your making too much out of them and not come back.
Parties are a great idea though. What I do is offer the host (minimum people required to qualify) a 50% discount and then 10% of other sales back in vouchers to use then or on a future date...that's helps to make sure the host rallies people together who are willing to spend and not just sit and watch xx

Latest posts

Back