Babyboomer help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellsandWhistles

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a good Babyboomer tutorial, using soak off, or builder gels?
I really want to get it right, as I have so many clients asking for it. For some reason, the only youtube vids I can find are all in different languages, or using products I'm not familiar with. I use Ink London ijel mainly, but also IBD from time to time. Any help with this technique would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't have a link but I use 3 tubs of powder.

1 white, 1 pink&white mixed and 1 pink

I mixed the ombre zone 2 area 1 part white to 2 parts pink.

This is the best method I've found to get a good blend.

Attachments

• 1492208779958.jpg
    1492208779958.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 78
There are lots of tutorials online however it's not an easy technique to master.
I apply the white and quickly blend it then do this on all 5 nails. Then apply a pink bead and blend it straight away.
You must blend quickly. If you use a system with a transparent pink then use that to cap

Last edited:
- have watched this one on you tube

I just did a couple of quick nails using hard gel, showing a couple of different pink and whites depending on the contrast wanted.

I just drag the white a bit past halfway, feathering it out as I get further down the nail, then cure. Place the cover pink at the cuticle and drag up slightly over the white, also feathering it out, then cure. Then thinly encapsulate with a milky, pale pink to blur any slight demarcation and cure. Cleanse, finish file and top gloss as usual.

Please excuse my examples though. I didn't bother to finish file so they're a bit lumpy and misshapen. Plus they're on those awful wide and super flat cheapo tips.

I don't have a video tutorial but can do a pictorial if it would help?20170418_001035.jpg 20170418_000953.jpg 20170418_000844.jpg

I just did a couple of quick nails using hard gel, showing a couple of different pink and whites depending on the contrast wanted.

I just drag the white a bit past halfway, feathering it out as I get further down the nail, then cure. Place the cover pink at the cuticle and drag up slightly over the white, also feathering it out, then cure. Then thinly encapsulate with a milky, pale pink to blur any slight demarcation and cure. Cleanse, finish file and top gloss as usual.

Please excuse my examples though. I didn't bother to finish file so they're a bit lumpy and misshapen. Plus they're on those awful wide and super flat cheapo tips.

I don't have a video tutorial but can do a pictorial if it would help?View attachment 204440 View attachment 204441 View attachment 204442
Thanks @All that shimmers that's actually really useful! I'm going to have another go in a bit x

- have watched this one on you tube

This is how I do my ombre also. I would love one of those brushes but for now, I use the edge of a super SOFT fan brush (some are softer than others)

Latest posts

Back