Back after a break

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for nail harmony and Any discontinued colours they no longer sell is for a reason. Gelish has a shelf life like any other cosmetics.

Last edited:
Why use something that's been discontinued. It's old it's time to move on. I personally think it's just an excuse. Because she's having problems getting hold of acrylic too. I don't think anyone from nail harmony would agree with her concepts. And say if she got the odd one or two from eBay she should still get the rest of her products from nail harmony. But she's not

Why use something that's been discontinued. It's old it's time to move on. I personally think it's just an excuse. Because she's having problems getting hold of acrylic too. I don't think anyone from nail harmony would agree with her concepts. And say if she got the odd one or two from eBay she should still get the rest of her products from nail harmony. But she's not

25/30 fakes!!!??? What is the point!?

25/30 fakes!!!??? What is the point!?

She's blocked me. I can't seem to tolerate things like this because I spend so much money like so much money on my products so much on my training and my insurance etc etc and then you have technicians who are undercutting us by doing things like this! It affects all of us in the long run.
Her excuse being that they are discontinued colours is pants if u ask me

Can I also add. Say one of her customers does have a bad reaction and it's due to the fact it was a fake product, that customer is going to walk away and think she's had genuine gelish and start slating the product to all her friends by saying how awful if was bla bla and then it's tarnishing the brand. This is where i say it affects all of us

Not being funny but if the labels matching my ones at work and they're going on exactly the same as the ones from work and my ones from gelish.. I have no problems with them shrinking, going off or going wrong.... then they must be pretty good fakes because one or 2 of them I find better than the ones I buy from nail harmony themselves. Obviously ive been through one or two that are just shocking.
Along with that like I have already said I use them one my clients ive had since I've started out and they're colours that have been discontinued my clients are the actual people who asked if there was a way of getting the colour if my Client was that colour and harmony dont sell it anymore and they don't like the new ones brought out for that specific colour im going to show them the ones offline and it's up to them whether they want me to get it or not they know it may not last as long they know it may not be the original but I tell them all that and leave it up to them if they want it or not obviously I'm the one buying them ive used them on my nails and they're not affected my nails any different my nails are still healthy when I remove them
I know what comes with buying what could be fake products I don't use them on all of my clients just the ones who have requested the colour I can't get hold of

Not being funny but just tell the clients to choose another colour that hasn't been discontinued and don't take risks with eBay crap. It's not professional and it's not worth the risk.

There are so many colours these days to choose from, they'd have to have some sort of problem if they're all in a tizz because they can't have their favourite colour any more - for goodness sake, it happens with make up colours in the high street all the time! It's really not going to break their world if they have to pick another colour!!

Not being funny but just tell the clients to choose another colour that hasn't been discontinued and don't take risks with eBay crap. It's not professional and it's not worth the risk.

There are so many colours these days to choose from, they'd have to have some sort of problem if they're all in a tizz because they can't have their favourite colour any more - for goodness sake, it happens with make up colours in the high street all the time! It's really not going to break their world if they have to pick another colour!!
I was thinking exactly the same!
Or, it's pretty easy (and fun in my opinion) to mix colours together or layer them to create a new/ or so be it 'discontinued' colour.
And if she's got '200 colours' then SURELY there's another one the client would like??
Bit worrying if not :eek:

Yes I'm deleting my account
I came on here for advice on what people use for acrylics as ive just passed a course for it the company who ran it told us all to sign up to salon geek if we get stuck with anything and people will help us out and all ive had off here is everyone bitching and ranting about what I use at home
I have spent a huge amount of money on my products and my genuine gelish products I have brought from the company themselves I use genuine elemis products for my facials which I buy from work my normal polishes I use genuine Leighton denny products all because I work with them I have insurance for everything I do
When I say discontinued colours yes I know it means the company doesn't produce them -yes I do have about 200 gelish colours which is why I'm pissed off with all of you saying everything I use is fake because it's bloody well not if I had brought all of these colours on the cheap then maybe me and my partner might have a house with a mortgage but because I go through the proper company's we don't!
My clients I buy the colours from eBay from ive been doing for years they have the same colour every time they're between the ages of 40-50 that have these colours they know and understand these aren't genuine gelish products I have shown them gel colours similar and have even shown them geleration colours which are identical to the colours but because it's not the same brand and name they don't want it
I don't use these products on my client I will use them on the one person who wanted those colours I have 2 clients who ask for colours which I'm happy to buy for them again they know they're not legit products they know the risks I have explained them they're close friends of the family which is why I do it for them
My normal clients who pay full price and everything I don't even show them the colours- the colours ive brought off eBay are in a separate bag to the rest of my nail stuff
I know the risks of me buying them hence why they're not brought out to my normal clients
I'm a fully qualified therapist ive been doing it all for a few years im a senior therapist in a spa I do mobile beauty outside of work everything I use are genuine products apart from obviously the few gel polishes I ordered which again I only use on the women who are family friends they don't reach my normal clients I recently passed on Friday in an acrylics course (hence me signing up to this website) when I asked where's the best place to buy tips from I didn't mean bloody fakes I meant brands and companies people buy them from what the best brands to use are as I'm next to none about the brands of acrylics hence again coming on here to find out more -.-
I have people coming into work where they're been to someone who uses fake products saying it ruins there nails and stuff I have to stick up for the brands we use just today I had a woman saying the gel ruined her nails im not going to give a brand that sort of negativity especially when I'm using them myself ive used gelish on my own nails for like 3/4 years constantly without any break's and my nails are strong and healthy granted a little dry but that's due to my care to my own hands im not going to use something on my clients if it's going to damage their nails the women I use my fakes on know there fake they're the ones who wanted me to buy them which with them being family friends I done it and again theyre not used on my normal clients

I'm not going to keep repeating myself but I'm not going to have you all saying everything I use is fake when it's not I know some of the gels I use are but they don't even exist in my nail bag that I take out to clients ive spent alot of money on the products I use- alot of money which could have been used elsewhere for me and my partner he's the one who's told me to start up properly and get out the spa and considering it's money towards a house for us both im using im not going to waste it on hundreds of fake products that invalidates my insurance am I? It'd be a huge waste
Yes I'm silly for buying those few fake bottles but again they don't exist in my nail bag - Ive ranted on yes but I'm not having you all think I use fake products when both me and partner have built my client base which is why he's letting me invest so much he weren't happy I brought the fake gels until I told him who they were for he's not going to let me waste my money on fake products even if I wanted to-which I don't
Anyway yeah I'm not going to keep replying because I'm just repeating myself and all im getting back is my stuffs fake and apparently I'm fake which is a joke and if needs be not that I should have to prove myself but ill bloody post a pic of my Certificates -.-

So.. First you said you could tell the eBay ones were genuine, and now you admit you know they are fakes. Okay then. Carry on.

I can when I know what to look for in a genuine gelish product Ive been using the make for over 3 years and ive been through quite a few fakes don't get me wrong when I buy from certain people on ebay but I know a company in America that do sell genuine products never had any problems and they're exactly the same as my ones we use at work the labels unravel the same along with all the wording on the inside
There are some genuine products on there you just need to know the companies and your products well
X
See?

Yes I'm deleting my account
I came on here for advice on what people use for acrylics as ive just passed a course for it the company who ran it told us all to sign up to salon geek if we get stuck with anything and people will help us out and all ive had off here is everyone bitching and ranting about what I use at home
I have spent a huge amount of money on my products and my genuine gelish products I have brought from the company themselves I use genuine elemis products for my facials which I buy from work my normal polishes I use genuine Leighton denny products all because I work with them I have insurance for everything I do
When I say discontinued colours yes I know it means the company doesn't produce them -yes I do have about 200 gelish colours which is why I'm pissed off with all of you saying everything I use is fake because it's bloody well not if I had brought all of these colours on the cheap then maybe me and my partner might have a house with a mortgage but because I go through the proper company's we don't!
My clients I buy the colours from eBay from ive been doing for years they have the same colour every time they're between the ages of 40-50 that have these colours they know and understand these aren't genuine gelish products I have shown them gel colours similar and have even shown them geleration colours which are identical to the colours but because it's not the same brand and name they don't want it
I don't use these products on my client I will use them on the one person who wanted those colours I have 2 clients who ask for colours which I'm happy to buy for them again they know they're not legit products they know the risks I have explained them they're close friends of the family which is why I do it for them
My normal clients who pay full price and everything I don't even show them the colours- the colours ive brought off eBay are in a separate bag to the rest of my nail stuff
I know the risks of me buying them hence why they're not brought out to my normal clients
I'm a fully qualified therapist ive been doing it all for a few years im a senior therapist in a spa I do mobile beauty outside of work everything I use are genuine products apart from obviously the few gel polishes I ordered which again I only use on the women who are family friends they don't reach my normal clients I recently passed on Friday in an acrylics course (hence me signing up to this website) when I asked where's the best place to buy tips from I didn't mean bloody fakes I meant brands and companies people buy them from what the best brands to use are as I'm next to none about the brands of acrylics hence again coming on here to find out more -.-
I have people coming into work where they're been to someone who uses fake products saying it ruins there nails and stuff I have to stick up for the brands we use just today I had a woman saying the gel ruined her nails im not going to give a brand that sort of negativity especially when I'm using them myself ive used gelish on my own nails for like 3/4 years constantly without any break's and my nails are strong and healthy granted a little dry but that's due to my care to my own hands im not going to use something on my clients if it's going to damage their nails the women I use my fakes on know there fake they're the ones who wanted me to buy them which with them being family friends I done it and again theyre not used on my normal clients

I'm not going to keep repeating myself but I'm not going to have you all saying everything I use is fake when it's not I know some of the gels I use are but they don't even exist in my nail bag that I take out to clients ive spent alot of money on the products I use- alot of money which could have been used elsewhere for me and my partner he's the one who's told me to start up properly and get out the spa and considering it's money towards a house for us both im using im not going to waste it on hundreds of fake products that invalidates my insurance am I? It'd be a huge waste
Yes I'm silly for buying those few fake bottles but again they don't exist in my nail bag - Ive ranted on yes but I'm not having you all think I use fake products when both me and partner have built my client base which is why he's letting me invest so much he weren't happy I brought the fake gels until I told him who they were for he's not going to let me waste my money on fake products even if I wanted to-which I don't
Anyway yeah I'm not going to keep replying because I'm just repeating myself and all im getting back is my stuffs fake and apparently I'm fake which is a joke and if needs be not that I should have to prove myself but ill bloody post a pic of my Certificates -.-

Your trainer would be able to help you with what brand acrylic to use and where to get hold of some. Which tbh holding the right qualifications you can open accounts with capital Sally's ellisons etc easily. And obtain acrylic. So for you to say we've done nothing but slate you is crazy. We're going on by what you've been saying. Now your admitting to them being fake!
Cannot understand this

Your trainer would be able to help you with what brand acrylic to use and where to get hold of some. Which tbh holding the right qualifications you can open accounts with capital Sally's ellisons etc easily. And obtain acrylic. So for you to say we've done nothing but slate you is crazy. We're going on by what you've been saying. Now your admitting to them being fake!
Cannot understand this

I have accounts with Sallys and Ellisions but I'm not keen on Ellisions that's mainly from work though
I do still stick with some might be actual genuine ones because I ordered one just for myself which is a random colour I know none of my clients would have because it's to bright but I wanted it to try it that one they do still sell but I brought that one for myself and I didn't know if I'd like it and didn't want to spend so much on a colour when I know it would be just for me and I may not like it
I know the discontinued ones may be fake again my clients know that

And you say "yes I'm silly for buying those few fake bottles" but anyway.

Nobody's said everything you use is fake but why "spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar"? You're not insured for everything you do if you're using those eBay products on certain clients.

If they know you are using eBay products, do they ask for a discount? Just out if interest?

Please learn to use punctuation, a lot of people won't even bother to read that massive post further back [emoji651]️[emoji651]️

You won't get better advice than from people on here but tbh you won't get far on here with your attitude. You won't get genuine professionals condoning the use of eBay/fake products (even if it's only some of your range) but that's not us being bitchy. Being bitchy is being nasty and vindictive and nobody is doing that.

If you don't like our advice you don't have to take it.

I just think it's a shame, when you've put so much money and effort into your business, to not use 100% genuine products.

And you say "yes I'm silly for buying those few fake bottles" but anyway.

Nobody's said everything you use is fake but why "spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar"? You're not insured for everything you do if you're using those eBay products on certain clients.

If they know you are using eBay products, do they ask for a discount? Just out if interest?

Please learn to use punctuation, a lot of people won't even bother to read that massive post further back [emoji651]️[emoji651]️

You won't get better advice than from people on here but tbh you won't get far on here with your attitude. You won't get genuine professionals condoning the use of eBay/fake products (even if it's only some of your range) but that's not us being bitchy. Being bitchy is being nasty and vindictive and nobody is doing that.

If you don't like our advice you don't have to take it.

I just think it's a shame, when you've put so much money and effort into your business, to not use 100% genuine products.

They're friends of the family so they get discounts anyway and me myself I couldn't charge them the same price knowing the products aren't brought from harmony themselves. My partners not happy about it but when I started doing them I was 18 hence why I was silly enough to do to eBay for their bottles there the ones who searched for them on ebay, I looked at the price more than anything but now they've got into a habit of wanting them. I've told them I won't order anymore off eBay so they've actually cut down the about they have there nails done to save the bottles however they're use by date is nearly up.
Those bottles are kept out of my nail bag, my regular clients don't see them and they're not even on the sticks.
Everyone on this thread has literally just said everything I use is fake, one person even questioned about me having the right certs. It feels like your all ganging up on me which is why I've got so .....twatish because I take pride in what I do with my clients and also the fact I could of had a house by now if I hadn't brought all this -.- so for people to say it's all fake annoys me :/

They're friends of the family so they get discounts anyway and me myself I couldn't charge them the same price knowing the products aren't brought from harmony themselves. My partners not happy about it but when I started doing them I was 18 hence why I was silly enough to do to eBay for their bottles there the ones who searched for them on ebay, I looked at the price more than anything but now they've got into a habit of wanting them. I've told them I won't order anymore off eBay so they've actually cut down the about they have there nails done to save the bottles however they're use by date is nearly up.
Those bottles are kept out of my nail bag, my regular clients don't see them and they're not even on the sticks.
Everyone on this thread has literally just said everything I use is fake, one person even questioned about me having the right certs. It feels like your all ganging up on me which is why I've got so .....twatish because I take pride in what I do with my clients and also the fact I could of had a house by now if I hadn't brought all this -.- so for people to say it's all fake annoys me :/

You said you buy your products from eBay as they are genuine! It's like talking to a virtual brick wall here

I think it's best if you go over this thread and read it carefully. As I think your forgetting what you've said.
I've explained why this sort of thing winds me up and I stand by my Inputs. Take it how you like. But don't insult me by saying I'm being bitchy, because I'm far from it.
You've changed your story a few times now and I'm done with this.

Clearly a very defensive person, no point in trying to advise and correct someone who can't take any form of criticism, can only think you'd be so defensive as you've lied and backtracked

I'm new to the nail industry and joined to get advice just like you - only difference is I welcome the advice and constructive criticism as it will make me better - I wouldn't then go on a massive rant about how I'm right, I'd thank the people and correct what it is I'm doing wrong.

Also I can't understand why your clients wouldn't accept a dupe in a different brand but would have a fake instead, coming from who knows with God knows what included in it - the mind boggles sometimes

Clearly a very defensive person, no point in trying to advise and correct someone who can't take any form of criticism, can only think you'd be so defensive as you've lied and backtracked

I'm new to the nail industry and joined to get advice just like you - only difference is I welcome the advice and constructive criticism as it will make me better - I wouldn't then go on a massive rant about how I'm right, I'd thank the people and correct what it is I'm doing wrong.

Also I can't understand why your clients wouldn't accept a dupe in a different brand but would have a fake instead, coming from who knows with God knows what included in it - the mind boggles sometimes
I've already admitted I shouldn't have brought a few fakes from eBay
I'm fine accepting criticism and advice im not fine being told im fake I don't need to go over what I've said I know why I brought them, the people I use them on know there fake they wanted them so ill use them on them and them only they didn't want a dupe in a different brand because it weren't the same name therefore to them not the same colour -.- I went over that with them
I'm not going to keep replying on here because it's just rubbish ive already said im wrong in buying fakes which I know
I'm new in acrylics, ive been doing everything else for years

Someone bought me gelish from eBay. Bottles exactly the same as real gelish. Went on beautifully. Wore beautifully. Could not get the stuff off, with anything. Had to file it of with my metal jewellery files. Luckily I'd tested it on myself

I've already admitted I shouldn't have brought a few fakes from eBay
I'm fine accepting criticism and advice im not fine being told im fake I don't need to go over what I've said I know why I brought them, the people I use them on know there fake they wanted them so ill use them on them and them only they didn't want a dupe in a different brand because it weren't the same name therefore to them not the same colour -.- I went over that with them
I'm not going to keep replying on here because it's just rubbish ive already said im wrong in buying fakes which I know
I'm new in acrylics, ive been doing everything else for years
Ok then

I still can't understand your clients though, if MAC discontinued the Paint Pot in Quite Natural, I wouldn't then want a potentially hazardous fake off eBay, I'd be looking at another high end brand for a dupe of it - I'm not great with polish colours and dupes for them in other brands so have to reference it to my actual make up

Latest posts

Back