Back massage with facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've been mobile for about 9 months and have just completed my Level 3 so will be adding massage to my treatment menu... I was thinking of adding a 15 minute back massage to my luxury facials as a way of giving my clients a taster of my massage, hoping they will then book a full body massage.

I have searched this site and a few threads mentioned doing this as a special offer, but i was wondering if anyone offers this all the time as part of their facials?

Also, I read a thread where someone mentioned they do an eyebrow shape as part of their facials, does anyone else do this? I can't decide whether its a good idea or not.

Hi i really like the idea but in practice when a client is really relaxed and getting into the facial your going to then have to ask the client to turn onto there front so you can do the back massage, i dont know if it really works as a routine??

Hi, The back massage would be before the facial, but thanks for the reply :)

Instead of full back massage, how about just doing chest, neck & shoulder massage?

I do facials at £40 and back and shoulders £30 for 30 mins but if a client books the two together I offer £10 off so they pay £60 for both. This works well and means you are not loosing money only 10 minutes extra of your time. :hug: I do back and shoulders first and it really helps the client to relax before the facial.

Instead of full back massage, how about just doing chest, neck & shoulder massage?

I always include this in the facial anyway while the mask is on. :hug:

I do hand massage whilst I have the mask on.

The therapist I used to go always included an eyebrow shape (with wax) at the end of a facial - although it does tidy everything up, I hated it! I'd relaxed for over an hour and to finish off with an eyebrow wax felt mean!

Also, when I trained, I was told to be very careful (or to avoid) waxing eyebrows after a facial as the skin has been exfoliated and moisturised (softened) there is an increased risk of grazing the skin.

Not sure if this helps or not!

Jx

The therapist I used to go always included an eyebrow shape (with wax) at the end of a facial - although it does tidy everything up, I hated it! I'd relaxed for over an hour and to finish off with an eyebrow wax felt mean!

Jx

I couldnt think of anything worse after a facial!!!:eek:

I use Decleor and all of their facials include a mini-back massage before them. I include chest, neck & shoulder massage as part of the facial massage, and massage the hands & arms whilst the masque is on.

I have had a decleor facial today at the titanic spa and they did a mini back massage first and it was heaven, the back massage was pure pliss and the facial was out of this world. I have totally fallen in love with Decleor.

I have had a decleor facial today at the titanic spa and they did a mini back massage first and it was heaven, the back massage was pure pliss and the facial was out of this world. I have totally fallen in love with Decleor.

There is certainly nothing else like a Decleor facial & once hooked there's no escape!!:lol:

Thanks for the replies guys!

to finish off with an eyebrow wax felt mean!

Yeah this is what i was thinking! I don't think i will be adding this to my facials after all.

I do a face, neck and shoulder massage with my facials and also a hand and arm massage whilst mask is on.

I think i will give the mini back massage a go and see how it does, if its good enough for decleor its good enough for me! :green:

I do what is called a serenity package where i offer a half hour back massage then a half hour facial and knock off £5 off the combined price, when the mask is setting they get an upperarm decolletage neck, scalp massage anyway.....this is really a very pampering treatment...

Hi iused to be a Decleor therapist and became so used to do ing the back diog that it'd feel wierd to not do one now (although i have adapted it a lot!). Clients love it and whenever they comment on it i make sure to mention how much they'd enjoy a 1/2 hour or hour treatment!
I'd def give it a go, just 5-10 mins and would cost mere pennies in product - nothing to lose just clients to gain! (god how cheesey!)
good luck x :hug:

Hi there.

I always include a back massage with my deluxe facials.

I have been in rented rooms for quite some time and now gone mobile again to avoid overheads lol.

I usually do my back massage first then the facial and while the mask is on I give a arm massage 5 mins on each then 5 mins on back of the neck and shoulders or I can do a scalp massage, or foot massage, it really depends on what the clients wants

I hope this helps and good luck with what you decide

hi, ive got some great ideas to add to my treatments now thanx lol but in my facials b4 ive even touched their face i do a hot towel massage on the feet an ankles its extremely relaxing as (like all reflexologists will know) the feet correspond to all parts of the body, try it u will love it!:)

Thanks again for your replies :) I will be adding it to my luxury facials and see how things go. x

Latest posts

Back