backfills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hi, I have just finished my last assessment in college but I am a bit confused about a couple of things, I hope you can help.

So, an infill is when you infill zone 3, so if you have done a french tip and overlay what do you do as the french part grows out. I asked my tutor this and she said you would have to use a drill to drill out the back part of the white (which she termed as a backfill) and then infill this too. But you have to do a drill course for this.

Is this right, I cant do a backfill until I have done a drill course (more money!) And another stupid question, what IS a rebalance exactly, she has not explained that either.

I guess I should be asking her these questions but I have not been impressed with her answers in the past but you all seem to explain things so well.:hug: xxx

People call things by different names.

An infill as you say is just replacing the grown out area in zone 3.

However as the nail grows if becomes out of balance and needs to be rebalanced. The stress area moves forward etc.

I personally do a form of rebalance every appointment. I do a french rebalance (I dont use the term backfill). I dont use a drill. I tend to just file out the white almost completely and replace where it needs to be. If the white is nice and thin then it doesnt take very long.

no, thats nonsense. you can do the work with a hand file. you need to file off the pink thats imediately behind your white smile until there is just a thin layer left and then work with white l/p to replace the smile in the correct place.

i think there is an on site tutorial for further information on this.

Latest posts

Back