Backscratchers Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmshears

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a hair stylist, currently I don't do nails at the salon, only hair. I do backstrachers sticker & kicker type, they call it fiber & silk, no powder with this type. I apply them with tips. (I have asthma & can't work with the powders) I did recently try using gels, but they just don't hold up as well on me as the Backscrathers. I'm back using them. I was trained years ago with Backscratchers, I have watched application videos to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. The problem I have been having is: About 3 - 5 days after nail application, around the edges - where there is no fiberglass mesh it needs to be re-glued. I can do it with sticker & a nozzle but feel it shouldn't be happening so soon after application. I have better luck if I apply nail polish, but don't always want to go the extra step. With Backstratchers the nails look very natural if left alone. I usually do the finishing Backstratchers top coat, but not always as the video says if filling to high shine with buffers, it's not necessary. Thinking will be more dilegent with the top coat, being a hairdresser, having hands in water I know is an issue. Any advice for me?

Last edited:
It sounds like regular lifting to me.

Step up your prep, make sure all non-living tissue is removed from the nail plate, side walls and cuticle area. Remove shine on the natural nail with a buffer. Swipe acetone or dehydrator on the nail before applying your first coat of resin. Make sure no resin touches the skin anywhere surrounding the nail.

Have you taken the nozzle as you are applying the resin on the nail and slide it along the edges to cap the resin around the edges? Sounds like to me that would help with the rough edges. And limit any filing and buffing to minimum to ensure the resin is capped around the edges.

Is your natural nail just pulling away and curling or is it actual lifting? Are you using a cuticle oil on a regular basis? And with you in water a lot you will need to use it even more. Resin is a soakable product, so water will affect it to some degree, but I wouldn't think it would affect it in a few days. Maybe using a file off gel topcoat would help keep the water from penetrating the silk/fiber layers.

Backscratcher's does not recommend using any dehydrator or wiping with acetone. There really is no need to do that with their system.

Latest posts

Back