Bad backs and Pilates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
As most of us know, this industry and bad backs usually come hand in hand and apart from a bad posture and working most days bent over, my lower back in killing me!
So, I've been looking into Pilates to help with this and hopefully tone myself up.

My question is has anyone used the Pilates Reformer beds and noticed a difference? They look like something out of a torture chamber but promise to balance and strengthen.

Thanks
Sam x

No, I've done regular Pilates classes for ages but never used a reformer machine. It's helped enormously with my back though.

No, I've done regular Pilates classes for ages but never used a reformer machine. It's helped enormously with my back though.

Me too. Just done regular pilates and can't tell you how much it's helped. I only have to miss a week and I can feel the pain and weakness coming back.

do any of you suffer with sciatica and do pilates? i suffer badly with is and wonder if pilates will help me? x

Mine is terrible. One of my discs has slipped in my back and when ive slept funny or something its my legs that kill the most wuth my sciatica. My back therapist has said pilates/yoga. Really interested to see if anyone has tried it x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies I'm starting Pilates on the reformer beds next week so shall update - can't wait x

Latest posts

Back