Bad breath-client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdc

Reaction score
Today i had the perfect client in for a manicure, nails were in need of a good treatment, skin needed a bit moisture due to house work etc client was so friendly and chatty, only problem was bad breath, i found the treatment a struggle as the client was so friendly but the smell made me feel ill (no way she could not have noticed the smell) has anyone else came across this? How did you deal with this?xx

Ugh I had one today for an eye brow wax and lip wax.
Only thing worse than fag breath is STALE FAG BREATH!!

Seriously I felt sick to my stomach, she had her mouth open the whole time doing massive deep breaths. Maybe that's a hint to stop smoking?!

Can't stand it. Not much we can do though. Some of my colleagues smoke but always have breath mints and spray with them. If therapists make the effort for clients, why don't clients make the effort for everyone else, they know they will be close to the therapist.

Or even better, why don't smokers realise how much they smell to everyone else lol

Laura xx

I get this a lot, and if we had bad breath im sure it wouldn't go un noticed its really off putting i think 😔

Seriously, there is only one thing worse than bad breath and that is BO - ewwww...makes me heave! I have yet to suffer this...but I'm sure it won't be long!

One thing worse than normal BO - intimate waxing BO. Now that is bluuuuuurgh. Especially when walking into a small room and the smell hits you like a skunks behind.

Laura xx

One thing worse than normal BO - intimate waxing BO. Now that is bluuuuuurgh. Especially when walking into a small room and the smell hits you like a skunks behind.

Laura xx

HA HA HA HA - I burst out laughing at that comment.

EWWW EWWWW EWWWWW......yuk yuk! ...and in the summer months as well....just disgusting! No NO NO NO. I wouldn't do it! Gross....people are just so unclean. A few waxers that I talk to have experienced some awful situations with uncleanliness. I couldn't nor wouldn't entertain it!

Today i had the perfect client in for a manicure, nails were in need of a good treatment, skin needed a bit moisture due to house work etc client was so friendly and chatty, only problem was bad breath, i found the treatment a struggle as the client was so friendly but the smell made me feel ill (no way she could not have noticed the smell) has anyone else came across this? How did you deal with this?xx

Keep gum and breath mints in your drawer. Next time a client comes in with that issue, take a piece of gum or breath mint for yourself and offer him/her one. :)

Keep gum and breath mints in your drawer. Next time a client comes in with that issue, take a piece of gum or breath mint for yourself and offer him/her one. :)

Haha i was so close to my desk which had mints on and the entire time i was thinking how can i offer this lady a mint without sounding rude xx

We had a girl with horrendous BO at college, I've never smelt anything like it. You could smell her across the room! I am not even joking, you could be 4 couches away and smell her.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Come and have a whiff at some of the old dears at the old people's home. As soon as I walk through the double doors the stench hits me. I've told management to get some air fresheners in the lobby to no avail.

Some of the old biddies have stinky hands, like they've been down their pants for a good hour fiddling about. Gloves on hands, peg on nose, choke them with antibacterial spray and away we go.

It's hideous isn't it! I have this really sweet old lady that comes in, but each time I nearly pass out from doing her by holding my breath! She has admitted in conversation to me that she is petrified of the dentist and under no circumstance will she go. Only problem is, every last one of her teeth she has left are rotten to the core! Ergh, just the thought of it is making me heave!

I used to have a bowl of wrapped mints you could offer out. If you have a mixture of different looking wrapped mints including something like a chocolate peppermint creme you get plenty of takers!

Drinks can help too so have a mix of hot and cold drinks.

I used to work in the hospital and there was always awful smells we used to dab a tiny bit of Vicks vapour rub at bottom if our noses definitely used to help with smells - only problem is if it's a new client you can't nip out half way through the treatment to put Vicks on your nose lol

Laura xx

Laura that is soooo funny I am going to be laughing all day. Thanks for your super wit and humour. x :biggrin:

I pop perfume on the end of my nose! Not necessarily one that I wear though... otherwise it would turn me off it lol. I've also been known to wipe aloe vera anti bac gel on my nose! Haha. Xx

Funny thread! So good to get a laugh out of something that's so not funny.
My SIL loves a pedicure but God her feet stink! Even with sandals all day they pong.
My son has pedicures at the end of a long day and his feet don't stink at all.
Weird isn't it?

Laura xx

Hahahaha!!! So funny but I would vomit!! I can't stand smells & this is just wrong on many levels!!!! X

HairBy Amanda

I love to be able to have a joke with you lot, iv smelt all sorts but literally had to put my head down listening to this certain client!! Haha we love our jobs so much but have to put up with a lot xx

Dab a drop or two of tea tree oil just under your nose and that's all you'll smell for a couple of hours. My OH gave me this tip, he used to work as a carer.

Laura xx

I was just sick in my mouth

Latest posts

Back