Bad haircut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
So I needed my haircut, it was really bad, I'd been at it myself. My friend from the salon usually cuts it for me but she's away on hols and hadn't had time. I'm now desperate and went to a salon. I had researched where to go and chose wisely.....
My hair now looks like two seperate haircuts on one head.
My hair is long to my elbows but has layers through the top section. The layers have now been cut as uniform layers, giving me a look as if I'd shoulder length hair with long extensions clipped in underneath. I could seriously cry. I can't even try to blend them in a but as it will leave no thickness to my length.
I can see the only solution is to get my lovely long hair cut to my shoulder blades 😢
Any suggestions?

Ps I'm self employed with no colleagues to help.

I would go back and ask for a second opinion from someone else i.e salon manager. Such a shame that you are unhappy with your cut! It sounds as though your options are cut the length shorter, or grow the layers out. Good luck!

Where are you located? X

Agreed...ask for the manager.....can you ask your old stylist for a recommendation?....Sounds like it may be just a quick fix by a more experienced stylist that will go through it, dry cut it by point cutting the interior sections only so you do not need to sacrifice weight out of your perimeter length. A good stylist will rough cut hair wet,dry it & do the detailing/texturing part of the cut last so WYSIWYG

Be concerned when explaining your worry of losing fullness in the bottom & ask if there's a way to just touch up the interior layers to match/balance the fullness of the bottom hair as it is now.

Why diddnt you stop the stylist? Diddnt you notice she was cutting uniform layers? I'm a real nightmare when I let people cut my hair, I constantly say what I want and don't want throughout the whole cut

Latest posts

Back