Bad nails, no more!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottiefoxx_

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience with a lot of newbie nail fanatics who may be on here searching for advice. I myself never learnt of the damage I could do to my nails, I never thought anything bad could happen to them. So when I brought my own shellac nail kit I honestly was ruthless. Looking back I realise the mistakes I made, I over filed my nails, I buffed too hard and I picked at the gel when it started peeling (I cringe whilst writing this I really do) Even when my nails starting bruising underneath I still was totally unaware of what I was doing and still kept applying every two weeks.

One day though I couldn't ignore it anymore, several nails had started coming loose off the nail bed and I was developing onycholysis. Once again I was totally unaware this could happen and I was truly mortified at the damage I had done to my poor nails which were once beautifully healthy.

I have attached some pictures to show how bad it was. I am writing this because I want people to learn that you CAN damage your nails and once damaged it takes MONTHS for them to heal. For somebody like myself who never had naked nails it was horrifying having them polish-less for the world to see what I had done, I was so embarrassed, I still am.

My nails are once again almost in tip top shape after 4/5 months of continuous application of solar oil (what a god send) CND keratin rescue treatment, tea tree oil and always keeping them short and clean.

All I can say for me is, lesson = learned!!!

image.jpeg
13th November

image.jpeg
13th December

image.jpeg
13th January

image.jpeg
13th February

image.jpeg
Today! (My middle finger nail broke a couple days a go) I still have a little while to go, but in comparison to how they were, my oh my they are a million times better!!!

I'm also sure fungal was an issue at some point..
image.jpeg

This is the same nail today...
image.jpeg

I've only included images of my right hand, I can assure you the left was just as bad.

Ladies, take care of your nails

Wow, could I please use this post to share on Facebook... Well done for giving up the DIY, I wish more people realised the dangers!!

Wow, could I please use this post to share on Facebook... Well done for giving up the DIY, I wish more people realised the dangers!!

Yes definitely, please go for it, I really want nothing more than to educate people on the damage you can do to your nails!!! :)

Well done!

Have you now had the correct training and education?

Yes definitely, please go for it, I really want nothing more than to educate people on the damage you can do to your nails!!! :)
Thank you... I've made this pic for anyone else wanting it... :)

Attachments

• 1457462403317.jpg
    1457462403317.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 129
Wow! Can I ask where did you buy your shellac kit from?

I just wanted to share my experience with a lot of newbie nail fanatics who may be on here searching for advice. I myself never learnt of the damage I could do to my nails, I never thought anything bad could happen to them. So when I brought my own shellac nail kit I honestly was ruthless. Looking back I realise the mistakes I made, I over filed my nails, I buffed too hard and I picked at the gel when it started peeling (I cringe whilst writing this I really do) Even when my nails starting bruising underneath I still was totally unaware of what I was doing and still kept applying every two weeks.

One day though I couldn't ignore it anymore, several nails had started coming loose off the nail bed and I was developing onycholysis. Once again I was totally unaware this could happen and I was truly mortified at the damage I had done to my poor nails which were once beautifully healthy.

I have attached some pictures to show how bad it was. I am writing this because I want people to learn that you CAN damage your nails and once damaged it takes MONTHS for them to heal. For somebody like myself who never had naked nails it was horrifying having them polish-less for the world to see what I had done, I was so embarrassed, I still am.

My nails are once again almost in tip top shape after 4/5 months of continuous application of solar oil (what a god send) CND keratin rescue treatment, tea tree oil and always keeping them short and clean.

All I can say for me is, lesson = learned!!!

View attachment 194984 13th November

View attachment 194985 13th December

View attachment 194986 13th January

View attachment 194987 13th February

View attachment 194988 Today! (My middle finger nail broke a couple days a go) I still have a little while to go, but in comparison to how they were, my oh my they are a million times better!!!

I'm also sure fungal was an issue at some point..
View attachment 194989
This is the same nail today...
View attachment 194990

I've only included images of my right hand, I can assure you the left was just as bad.

Ladies, take care of your nails

Would you be happy for me to use your pictures too ? Should I credit Lottiefoxx ? Xxx

Or would you like another name - sorry - wasn't very clear ! Xxx

[posts merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Can I ask where did you buy your shellac kit from?

It's a kit by NYK1, like I say I had no experience I just knew a friend who brought the kit and her nails were always fabulous and I'd read quite a few reviews raving about it. I've got to say when I did my nails they were perfect and always lasted weeks. It was my own stupid fault for picking at it and never taking it off properly :(

Or would you like another name - sorry - wasn't very clear ! Xxx

I don't mind the pictures being used or the post shared, although I'd rather my name not be used, I'm still rather embarrassed by them :oops: but feel free to use the pictures!

Latest posts

Back