Badly bitten nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahmaria1991

Reaction score
I have a lady wanting acrylics doing she wants french but her nails are so short Im not too sure what I would do with these can anyone advise me please thanks in advance x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433225525.838060.jpg

Hi my aunties nails are real short too I do acrylics for her, I file the nail well of the tips to fit better before gluing. Here's a photo of her nails last week, I'd only glued and trimmed the tips and done some blending on here, obviously I had finished with acrylic but I took photos in stages, hope this helps x

Attachments

• 1433236073018.jpg
    1433236073018.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 95
It is possible but depending on your experience you may find it tricky. Other than that I would offer her no guarantee on them lasting though partly because there is so little nail plate there but also she obviously has her nails in her mouth A LOT! And she will do the same with the acrylics :rolleyes:

You can either tip, but you'd have to adapt them to allow for the bulbous skin which is beyond the free edge or you can sculpt which may be quicker and easier. Have a look on YouTube for a Gemma Lambert video showing bitten nails.

Ideally though it would be best for her to have some weekly manicures prior to having acrylics applied but failing that and you go ahead, like I said tell her they may not last very long. You don't want her coming back demanding constant free repairs!

I agree with Pure, very hard client to work on.

In my personal experience the only solution to get them to stop destroying their nails is to make it hurt... in the pocket...
I would sign them up for weekly rebalances, at full 3 week rebalance rates...

I would only allow them to change to 2 weekly until they come back with NO breakages for the session. Then only move to 3 weeks when they can go 2 weeks without breakages...

Trust me I've tried all the options for nail biters and it's always more hassle and stress than it's worth until the cost out weighs the desire to chomp..

hope that helps

Latest posts

Back