Balayage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jane3434

Reaction score
Balayage help please,
i am a first year student in hairdressing at college,
i did my sisters hair yesterday or tried :-(

she has dark brown hair and wanted the ends blonde ' balayage'

so i thought i would practice on her
i used
wella colour half tube 'special natural gold blonde' 12/03
mixed it with 12% developer
mixed it up together and put on her hair 'watched clips on YouTube how to apply it on'
after 50 mins it didn't take or work

realized i needed to use Wella Blonder Multi Blonde with my products.

i have bought a packet of the Wella blonder now,
it says mix
30 G POWDER + 45 ML KOLESTON PERFECT CRÈME DEVELOPER.
so do i mix half a tube of my wella colour 'special blonde' into that and mix to a yogurt paste?

also will i need to use a hair color remover before i do her hair again even tho it didn't take?

thank you in advance for any help and advice :)

Omg noooooooo!!!! You don't mix the tint and bleach powder together!!

Did she already have colour on her hair?

What's her natural Base?

Remember when you are lifting you are exposing warm tones, so using a gold will make the hair extremely warm.

This is quite an advanced colour technique... next time do her hair in the college where you can have some help x

I'd really want to help you with this, but there is so much wrong going on there, that all I can really say is that you put off advanced color techniques for now until you learn basic color theory and how to properly mix and formulate colors and lighteners first.

Omg noooooooo!!!! You don't mix the tint and bleach powder together!!

Did she already have colour on her hair?

What's her natural Base?

Remember when you are lifting you are exposing warm tones, so using a gold will make the hair extremely warm.

This is quite an advanced colour technique... next time do her hair in the college where you can have some help x

Thankyou for the reply
i thought it was going to be easy as doing high lights
she had no color in her hair before
don't know what you mean 'What's her natural Base' if you mean her natural colour, its brown

Last edited:
Thankyou for the reply
i thought it was going to be easy as doing high lights
she had no color in her hair before
don't know what you mean 'What's her natural Base'

As you found out, doing highlights isnt as "easy" as it looks on YouTube videos. If it was, our industry would be out of business.

You definitely need to learn a lot of basic color lingo, cause if you don't even know what a "natural base" is, then there is really no point in us trying to explain all this information to you. None of it would make sense.

Dont give up though. Even we are always constantly learning, and that's why this forum is here for. For hair professionals to share ideas and discuss all aspects of being a hairstylist.

Hair school has it's place though, and you really need to grasp the basics first, before moving onto all the advanced techniques.

Latest posts

Back