Balayage technique and tone advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper White

Reaction score
What is the best way to balayge through the head and adding foils with a base tint? I have either free hand balayge or back combed then lightened hair placed in foil(Which I love this one for great lift) but not tinted in between, as I'm not sure how you would even start tinting roots that have been backcombed..Clients hair has gone very very brassy after holiday, so I tried to use something diff to her normal Wella-colur touch base colour of 6.3, I used 6.37 LOL..Will not be using that again unless they want it mega warm..
I would like to achieve something along the same lines as the softer brunette with pieces through,rather than the heavy balayage/ombre vibe for this client....Any ideas? I use Wella and Loreal..Need to cool this down pronto hahaha..x

Attachments

• IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 00.33.08.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 00.33.08.png
    400.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I'm intrigued to know as I have a client to do exactly that on! I was going to do it in 2 steps doing the root first so if it could be done in one step - fab (I'm newly qualified)

I'm intrigued to know as I have a client to do exactly that on! I was going to do it in 2 steps doing the root first so if it could be done in one step - fab (I'm newly qualified)
How do you do your balayage? If it's free hand you can do the roots then balayage after, and dust the bleach into the root area slightly,that's if you go up that high...Works lovely for me..I'm doing a full head base in-between so unsure as i like it more soft and piecey(lol that's def not a word) and if i backcomb loads it really breaks it up...So want the best efficient way or even a new technique i can do..

How about if you do a traditional babylight foil with bleach then back to back you do a tint foil, the the next you paint the roots with tint, backcomb, then apply your bleach below where you have tinted? Tint the hair left out with a level darker than what you have in the foils.
Like I said I am newly qualified so this might be really dumb to suggest! Your guidance above is just perfect for what I had in mind. Do you have a mannequin head you can practice on? X

How about if you do a traditional babylight foil with bleach then back to back you do a tint foil, the the next you paint the roots with tint, backcomb, then apply your bleach below where you have tinted? Tint the hair left out with a level darker than what you have in the foils.
Like I said I am newly qualified so this might be really dumb to suggest! Your guidance above is just perfect for what I had in mind. Do you have a mannequin head you can practice on? X
Would just love to know a way to keep what I've done previous with the blonde the same and add to bits, rather than going over them with tint when I add more blonde next time...Would love to find a balayage course, from what I've seen online they seem to be better or more advanced in America.But i think there is just more American sites and youtube channels

Latest posts

Back