Balmain hair extensions courses etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellissa2149

Reaction score
:Grope: hi,im new on here so hope all goes ok. :rolleyes: im just wondering bout doing a balmain hair extensions course? how much should i expect to pay,is there anywhere in devon that does the trainning,either in salon or at one of the hairdressing suppliers? im NVQ level 2 qualified. have looked around at the info on there site & read some info on what you guys think too,from what i gather a lot of people arnt that struck with the quality of there hair,so can you use different hair to balmains own with there system? look forward to your comments,many thanx,mel :hug:

:Grope: hi,im new on here so hope all goes ok. :rolleyes: im just wondering bout doing a balmain hair extensions course? how much should i expect to pay,is there anywhere in devon that does the trainning,either in salon or at one of the hairdressing suppliers? im NVQ level 2 qualified. have looked around at the info on there site & read some info on what you guys think too,from what i gather a lot of people arnt that struck with the quality of there hair,so can you use different hair to balmains own with there system? look forward to your comments,many thanx,mel :hug:
you dont like balmains hair?

Hi, I used to be a trainer for Balmain, so this may be a little biased! :)

Balmain are currently the No.1 extension company, a crown that was always firmly held by Raccoon.
I am a fan of the hair. It is ethically sourced and Balmain are in control of the hair from when it is cut (They have their own salons in China), the processing, to when it lands in your salon. They are a relatively small company in the sense that it has a 'family run' feel, very close knit and friendly.
They are the only company to offer a 6 month guarantee for their hair.
I can't remember the exact prices for training but basically you buy the kit from them and the training is free. Your local wholesalers will offer the training but they also do in salon training too.
They are very loyal to who they have trained. Any problems and they deal with it a.s.a.p. I have first hand experience of this from before I worked for them.

Hope this is useful

Balmain are currently the No.1 extension company, a crown that was always firmly held by Raccoon.
I am a fan of the hair. It is ethically sourced and Balmain are in control of the hair from when it is cut (They have their own salons in China), the processing, to when it lands in your salon. They are a relatively small company in the sense that it has a 'family run' feel, very close knit and friendly.
I can't remember the exact prices for training but basically you buy the kit from them and the training is free. Your local wholesalers will offer the training but they also do in salon training too.
They are very loyal to who they have trained. Any problems and they deal with it a.s.a.p. I have first hand experience of this from before I worked for them.

Hope this is useful

i get a little worried when inexperienced people want to do courses and are already thinking of not using the hair or looking else where.
why do the course when your not going to use the range?
i might be jumping the gun here.

i get a little worried when inexperienced people want to do courses and are already thinking of not using the hair or looking else where.

I agree. Most hair extension courses are tailored around the products. Even though the principles are the same (application, placement and removal), each company has variants. If you don't have faith in the product before you start then to me seems to be a waste of everyone's time. I can't tell you how many times I have turned up to teach and people have these misconceptions about the hair. I think all stylists have their favourites: I have always preferred Asian hair, but you should always go into these things with an open mind because you can always learn something new. :)

Hi, personally I think their training is great :)
and it was only the singles extensions that I didn't get along with
but that was a long time ago now and these may have changed ,:)

but.. unfortunately its this type experience that will always remain uppermost in the extensionists and clients minds

I will say though .... that I think their training is of an excellent top notch standard very versatile, and very useful too once you have been on one of the courses , you will be trained to a very high standard indeed :) x minky

you dont like balmains hair?
no,its just what others have said,i havnt used it yet,as im just thinkin bout gettin into it,balmain is one of the systems ive heard about the most,so that was why i wanted to train in ther system. :lol:

Hope this is useful

thanx,this was really helpful,i have purchased a second hand kit,so i can get an idea what it is like before doin the training,cant wait as have been wanting to do extensions for ages.

hi,i do want to use the range,like you said whats the point in doin the trainning in it if your not going to use there range,i was concered in some of the comments i was reading on here. i would prefer to use there range really, i already use there hair makeup range myself & love it,so cant see how there other stuff wouldnt be just as good.

hi,i do want to use the range,like you said whats the point in doin the trainning in it if your not going to use there range,i was concered in some of the comments i was reading on here. i would prefer to use there range really, i already use there hair makeup range myself & love it,so cant see how there other stuff wouldnt be just as good.

Hi mellissa, without being rude to any of the training company's on here :)

Because most of training company's on here are very good
and their goal is only natural to want you to train alongside themselves ,

Plus it's a really good thing to take note and listen to all the comments on here as they will have come from everyone's own experiences with all the systems and products they have tried and tested :hug:

P M others on here to find out who and what systems they preferred and why , they are very helpful ,
there are quite a few reputable trainers out there but you need to find out about what system you may want to use ,

Balmains training is great its hands on , the trainers are excellent and the Colour and Design course a very good way to start off ,
they use the pre bonded system

I also think that Lusciouslocks smallest nano ring method looks very good , :) they use a pre bonded hair product but use no heat , you would have to ask about the nano training as its quite a New thing over here :hug:

If you want to know about micro rings you can ask Lancashirelass she has done many years of research on these type of systems :)

Whilst you are training you will usually have to purchase the training companys own training package ,
and they are usually very good packages ,

but for loads of experienced hair extensionists
choosing the hair products and the bonding material is usually by experience and recommendation or personal preference

but if you find you have trained with a great product and your clients are happy , it should all work out well for you

If you take the time and do loads of research on here it will inform you about why the hair can become matted tangled .... once you have that information you will be way ahead of others
and will soon be able to tell good hair from bad hair .... and make good choices

also research the difference between different hair and extension hair
and all the different companys , you will find tons of help on here,

Hopefully mellissa you will read and take the good advice from so many experienced extensionists who have been there and tested the hair products already ...
and have taken the time to write about it on here to help so that others won't have to try out the bad hair and make all those costly mistakes that other extensionists have already made :hug:

I mean it's ok for us to learn by mistakes and to test loads of costly hair from loads of different company's
but why would anyone do that when you really dont need too ?
as its all on here,
So ask all your questions and queries on here before hand, so you don't have to go down that costly route :hug:

One of the major reasons why the hair will matt up and tangle
is that the hairs have been accidentally turned around (so simple) but once turned ....even if its just a few hairs within the extension it will interlock and matt
that's why you must buy from an experienced and trusted hair supplier

The other reasons hair matts and tangles

the hairs have been coloured and some over processed and weakened also some of the hair has by now been accidentally turned around

so chemicals are used to try and get rid of the outer cuticle which cause interlocking and matting , (these chemicals don't get rid of all the cuticles) so then the hair is coated with smoothing silicone's to smooth down and improve the cuticles so they won't interlock with each other
it also disguises the condition of the poorer hair

But.... when this silicone coatings starts to wear off to reveal the poorer processed hair,
then that's where the trouble starts ,
and its the client that it starts with :irked: and it's you it will all reflect on and you that's left to sort it all out , :cry:
and it's just not on.

The extensionist job is to installed the hair , and the extensionists work may have been great,

(it's just the hair that was poor) This is the suppliers fault which as an extensionist you don't want to experience this awful problem,

However if the hair product you use is highly processed and coated and of very poor quality
Then it will be you that has to take the blame from your client ,

Therefore you will need to choose your supplier very carefully , as this can be a major issue for all new extensionists,
and if you are smart you will read everything you can on here to save yourself loads of time and money lol and loads of trouble with unhappy clients :hug: hth x minky

That is fantastic advice Minky :) And of course, on here we can all be a little biassed to a particular product :)

If this at all helpful, when I decided to train in ext. I phoned lots of companies and asked for samples of hair. They are all to happy to oblige with this.

Then once I trained (and I still do this now) I put all different brands in my own hair and thoroughly abused them :lol:

Proofs always in the pudding ;)

I think that the advice you have given is spectacular and I have spent hundreds of pounds if not more on hair from suppliers that I have put through its paces and its been utter rubbish. I have spent hours researching over the years the different types of hair brands and adhesive etc and I think when you find one that you actually like to use then you tend to stick with it. Thats what I have done anyway and I too abuse hair in a way that its a shame for the hair lol. My stair bannister is always covered in different types of hair that I have tested, my poor hubby just laffs everytime he walks past it. Its got some hair on there straightened, wet, half dry, coloured hair, day after day after day lol

I'd really like to go on the Balmain course but I'm having problems trying to find a course around Liverpool,Manchester or Chester! Does anybody know where I can jump on a course please! xx

I'd really like to go on the Balmain course but I'm having problems trying to find a course around Liverpool,Manchester or Chester! Does anybody know where I can jump on a course please! xx

Hi xsarahjaynex , contact your nearest Salons Direct, they do the courses the first one is called colour and design, which I found plenty for what I wanted :hug: x minky

Hi xsarahjaynex , contact your nearest Salons Direct, they do the courses the first one is called colour and design, which I found plenty for what I wanted :hug: x minky

Really? I was in Birkenhead Salons Direct on Friday ha! I will contact them thanks so much doll! x

Really? I was in Birkenhead Salons Direct on Friday ha! I will contact them thanks so much doll! x

I have PM'd you the number direct to the education office. They will point you in the right direction. I know they do courses in Manchester, because I used to teach them! :)

Latest posts

Back