Balmain hair extensions!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
hey i have done a course for balmain extensions in janruaury but as they are quite dear and with the credit crunch have not had chance to do a full head yet!
i was wondering if anyone ha sever had any problems with them?? any issues regarding matting?? so on....
i have a girl interested and would like to be able to sell them as bast i can
also where do you advertise??
thanks in advance xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I trained with them a long time ago and found the training really fabulous and very in depth,
the Tutor was excellent and I couldnt fault it , I also found their (microplus clear whitish bonds) the strongest bonds around, and were really good even after three months of clients wearing them I find they don't budge at all ,
and you can roll them without finger cots or silicone pads which is fab , :)

but... I'm not too fussy on the other honey coloured bonds, as they really burn your fingers are rubbery and not as strong as the clear micro plus ones .
Regarding the question of matting!....I found this a huge problem with the singles fusion bonded hair on all of my models and clients back then,
but that was a long time ago.... and it may have improved by now.

Processed hair is far more prone to tangling and matting as it's usually not root to tip correct , and once the silicone coating washes or wears off it can soon start to interlock and tangle.

Many extensionists won't use any type of processed hair anymore as there are just too many complaints from clients ,
and it's always the extensionist who has to take the blame for this hair , so its simply not worth the hassle of using it ,

:) hth minky

I have balmain hair extensions in at the moment and have done for a few months now.
Although I love them-the length mainly, I do find that they are prone to matting, and sometimes do spend quite a while separating and trying to untangle knots.
On the whole ok, but I do miss being able to run my fingers through my hair from root to tip without snagging it and causing a knot!
hths

MMMMMMMMMM??? thanks very much for your replies.... when i did the course i was told that it is real chinese hair and that it is root to tip correct BUT i did think at the time, who the hell could check that?? what if wasn't would that cause the matting??
how long do you think you get out of them b4 the problems start?? would you have them again??
thanks very much lovely's
xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

MMMMMMMMMM??? thanks very much for your replies.... when i did the course i was told that it is real chinese hair and that it is root to tip correct BUT i did think at the time, who the hell could check that?? what if wasn't would that cause the matting??
how long do you think you get out of them b4 the problems start?? would you have them again??
thanks very much lovely's
xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Hi, there a few ways of checking it
one way is to take your index finger and thumb and run it up and down the hair (try it with your own hair) you will feel a light resistance and squeak on the way up towards the roots
and then go down and it should feel smooth , this means its the right way around and is good hair and has the cuticle intact ,
if its bad hair it will usually feel either silky smooth or squeaky both ways
because it is all up muddled and covered with silicones,
another way to tell is to put it under a powerful microscope,
and the most costly way to tell is to buy (some cheap silky tangle free hair hair) for and after the silicon wears off it will turn into a matted up tangled mess,
some hair may look great at first , but unless you know what you are buying (usually by experience) you will probably get ripped off ,
with cheap turned hair ,

this cheaper hair during the factory process isnt always root to tip correct , especially the very long hair , ( a bit more about that later )
so they chemically process it in acid baths
to try and remove all the cuticles
this then damages the hair
so then they have to try and restore it again
with a silicone layer to try and cover any rough cuticles of the upside down hair
so that it wont interlock,

but the problem is that it doesnt get rid of all those cuticles

and once the silicone coating wears or washes off
then the cuticles that are still left on start rub up together and will become matted and interlock,

if you could examine this type of hair under a powerful microscope you would see it resembled something like a damaged open pine cone

just imagine putting two pine cones like this together and turning one upside down ,
(thats the best way I can explain it)
they would interlock ,

You would be far better having hair extensions that have not been processed in any way and are root to tip correct,
any good quality hair extensions should act and feel just like your own hair and be soft and silky
and also be re usable for at least two or more times ,

I will find some more info soon :hug:

aw thanks minky! always love your in depth explanations.....:)
balmain do claim to be REAL human hair, fingers crossed it is ok.
i have talked my friend into trying them out for me(at her cost):lol: and she can test them b4 i start on any payin client
xxxxxx

Hi , it is real hair but it is also processed hair so will usually start to tangle and matt , but its up to you :)
good luck x minky

Latest posts

Back