Balyage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allyclarehair

Reaction score
Hi all, I have posted pics of my friends hair now (there is about an inch of root level 4) and a picture she has found on pintrest of the balyage she is wanting. Hope it is clear which photo is which...my friend is the photo from behind! Can people please fire techniques and methods of how they would go around this as I have a few things in mind but don't know which is the best route to go down in regards to the method and technique! Thank you!
IMG-20190305-WA0007.jpeg
Screenshot_20190305-212635_Gallery.jpeg

Sorry, but I don’t really understand what exactly you’re asking for help with?
Balayage is a technique, just as foiling is and you’ve already said that’s what you intend to do.

Are you looking for colour mix suggestions for a root drag?

Hi all, I have posted pics of my friends hair now (there is about an inch of root level 4) and a picture she has found on pintrest of the balyage she is wanting. Hope it is clear which photo is which...my friend is the photo from behind! Can people please fire techniques and methods of how they would go around this as I have a few things in mind but don't know which is the best route to go down in regards to the method and technique! Thank you!View attachment 208555View attachment 208556

Have you done a Balayage before? If so how did you do it? X

What i mean is should I apply root stretch and then the balyage at the same point?

The first picture is more an ombré with 3 colours blended from dark to light. Pretty easy to do just using foils. You just paint on the colour and/or bleach, leaving a gap then smudge them upwards where they meet. If you’re not very experienced, then consider practising on a dolls head first to check your technique.

Balayage is ‘painting by hand’ so you’d place the bleach just on those sections where you want to give a soft highlight. It’s meant to look more natural and less consistent than regular foil highlights. However, you don’t need to use a balayage technique to get the first picture.

The first picture is more an ombré with 3 colours blended from dark to light. Pretty easy to do just using foils. You just paint on the colour and/or bleach, leaving a gap then smudge them upwards where they meet. If you’re not very experienced, then consider practising on a dolls head first to check your technique.

Balayage is ‘painting by hand’ so you’d place the bleach just on those sections where you want to give a soft highlight. It’s meant to look more natural and less consistent than regular foil highlights. However, you don’t need to use a balayage technique to get the first picture.

Fab thank you that's the confirmation I needed [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back