Bank Holiday Entitlement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
What is in your contract about the bank holidays if you work Tues to Sat as most salon staff do? Do you get those days off in lieue or is it just tough luck that you are not contracted to work on a Monday which is normally when a bank hol occurs (except Good Friday and Christmas).

in the salon i work in basically its tough luck u not working a monday!! i have found that in most of the places I work! x

Holiday entitlement changed a few years back and it really doesn't matter whether you work on a Monday or not as the legal minimum holiday allowance you are entitled to if you work 5 days a week is 28 days and this includes all public and bank holidays.

Holiday entitlement changed a few years back and it really doesn't matter whether you work on a Monday or not as the legal minimum holiday allowance you are entitled to if you work 5 days a week is 28 days and this includes all public and bank holidays.

It all depends on whats wrote in your contract. For working 5 days a week you either get 28 days inclusive of bank holidays or 4 weeks+bank holidays (minimum 28 days).
There are usually 8 bank holidays in the u.k except this year where there are 9 (royal wedding). If your contract states 28 inclusive of bank holidays then you don't get the royal wedding off,it however it says plus bank holidays then you do!

I have 1 part timer & 1 who's hours are variable each week. So, just to confuse the issue, they both get 5.6 weeks per year (=28 days) including 8 Bank Holidays.

As for the Royal wedding, my therapist can work that day, have the day off unpaid or take it as a normal day's holiday. All depends on whether clients want to come in really...

in the contract it states "You are entitled to be paid the eight customary day's public holidays currently, New Years Day, Good Frida..." etc. "In addition to the normal public holidays you are entitled to 20 days paid annual leave...."
So where does this leave the employee???

in the contract it states "You are entitled to be paid the eight customary day's public holidays currently, New Years Day, Good Frida..." etc. "In addition to the normal public holidays you are entitled to 20 days paid annual leave...."
So where does this leave the employee???

With no extra day off for the royal wedding!!! Lol

Latest posts

Back