Barbering in Glasgow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronzebrunette

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any information or reviews on the Academy of Hairdressing Excellence in Glasgow?? Have found a few courses with them on the ILA website and believe it is the training academy for UConcept salons in Glasgow, I am particularly interested in doing the Barbering 1 day course and major bonus that it is ILA funded! If no-one knows anything about this place are there any other Barbering 1 day courses you would recommend in Glasgow? I've had a look at Barbering Courses Scotland - Men's Hairdressing Courses - Scottish Barbering School but again would like to hear of anyone who has been to either of these places or just taken a one-day barbering course - does it cover just the basics? is 1 day enough?

Hi i done the 6 week night course with them a few months ago and really enjoyed it i dont know about the one day one i like the fact i had a week to practice in between ive done hairdressing for 20years but felt as if i was making my gent haircuts too feminine they help me with this and much more you should give them a call or pop-in there all very nice and helpful and will tell you more about the courses :)

Hi! I trained with rainbow room academy and done a barbering course with them at their fame academy in George sq (above George sq salon). You should maybe give them a call see if they do just a barbering course - I'm sure you could use an ILA to fund all if not part of it?

X

Thanks for the replies! ooh i'd actually looked at doing my training with RR a few years ago but ended up doing FT at college. Definately going to phone that academy of hairdressing excellence - been wanting to do a barbering course for a while and had applied to do SVQ L2 but was told there would be no point and that i would end up absolutely bored as most of it is just generic units that i've already completed - but definately going to book a short course just to brush up as i've been taking a few gents clients in the salon recently

Thanks for the replies! ooh i'd actually looked at doing my training with RR a few years ago but ended up doing FT at college. Definately going to phone that academy of hairdressing excellence - been wanting to do a barbering course for a while and had applied to do SVQ L2 but was told there would be no point and that i would end up absolutely bored as most of it is just generic units that i've already completed - but definately going to book a short course just to brush up as i've been taking a few gents clients in the salon recently

So which one are u taking in the end?
I'm looking for some short barbering courses, but there's none in N-E. I've heard there are some good ones in Glasgow...so might try something over there. Any recommendations?

SAKS in Glasgow also do short barbering courses

Cobra Hair Academy in Nottingham offer Professional Barbering Courses taught by their internationally acclaimed Academy Director Sid Sottung and his expert team. They also have a special dedicated inhouse expert wet shaving school aswell.

Sid has recently appeared as a Celebrity Guest Stylist and Male Grooming Expert upon leading online training website Myhairdressers.com and holds a wealth of experience within the industry, formerly as a leading stylist and educator at Vidal Sassoon internationally.

See the following links for further information :

News | Barbering videos | Mens hair styles and techniques

COBRA HAIR ACADEMY - WELCOME TO COBRA

SHAVEMASTER - WELCOME

Good luck with your training!

Latest posts

Back