Barbers/hairdressers tools....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsarahj25xx

Reaction score
Just watching jack dee at the appolo and he mentioned barbers keeping their combs in blue liquid

According to my OH its quite common to see combs in barbicide in a barbers, dont think ive ever been in a barbers in my life so I wouldnt know!

However I have never seen this done in a hairdressers EVER and ive been in more hair salons than I could count

So yeah, just wondering what is so different between doing mens and womens hair that requires this? Makes no difference to me as im a nail geek, things like this keep me awake at night sometimes though haha xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Anyone?

Hairdressers use barbicide too. They're not always as on show as they are in a barbers. I'm guessing that's because it's just cut after cut in a barbers, so as soon as they've finished one cut they need a fresh comb for the next

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using SalonGeek

The hair salon where I work keep all the combs and things in barbicide, though I know what you mean, I've never seen another salon use it.

I've noticed alot of hair salons keep their cleaning in the back and won't have it on show in front of clients, where as not alot of barber shops have a back room/use their back room x

Had no idea it was a hygiene requirement that a comb was cleaned between clients! Is it the same for brushes? Or sectioning clips? Begining to question salons ive previously been to now, ive seen alot of hairdressers just carry combs round in their pockets using it on everyone without so much as a wipe with a tissue!

To be honest I'm not sure it is a requirement to change combs between clients but I always switch it for a fresh one because if a client is ready for you and they've just seen you finish your last client I just think it's more hygienic to get a fresh one and they might be happier you have too x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back