Barrier & moisturisers - Aqueous?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jowo

Reaction score
I have had my training and am looking to prepare for customers. Is aqueous the best 'cheap' alternative to branded creams to use as a barrier? Or is it better to buy the proper barrier cream? Do all barrier creams work with different brands, as I am trialling different products?

Also... Is baby lotion okay to recommend as an aftertan moisturiser?

I have had my training and am looking to prepare for customers. Is aqueous the best 'cheap' alternative to branded creams to use as a barrier? Or is it better to buy the proper barrier cream? Do all barrier creams work with different brands, as I am trialling different products?

Also... Is baby lotion okay to recommend as an aftertan moisturiser?

Hi jowo,

I use E45 cream as a barrier cream. Never ever had any problems with this! I have been trailling solutions over the past few weeks and this seems to have worked fine.

I would have thought that baby lotion would be fine to suggest to clients, but maybe someone else will be able to come along and confirm this for you?

Good luck! xx

I have always used Aqueous cream without any probs.
I would think baby lotion should be ok, or any lotion without too many oils or AHA's.
Or retail the lotion of your chosen brand. £££
x

Thank you for your replies, I will give both of them a go and see how I get on, I thought it may be a cheaper option, if it is okay :)

Latest posts

Back