Base 6 to dark silver

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlinhunterx

Reaction score
Hello guys! Wonder if you can help me. My sister is a base 6 with about 10 scattered highlights at the back and sides. Iknow you have to achieve a 9/10 to get a grey look, she doesn't want to be platinum something like a gun metal grey! I know she can achieve a 9/10 but with being a natural 6 she has a natural red tone which goes a slight orangey colour. Once I achieve the base ten what do you think I should use to either tone the Orange or can I put something on straight away? If so what could I use. Bear in mind she wants a kind of gun metal grey base 7.

Thank you[emoji3]

At a base 10 their shouldn't be any orange tones present you need a clean 10 or toned to a white to get the best result if she wants to be a level 7 grey go in with that base but the correct tone use the search facility there are hundreds of posts about achieving grey and there are pictures attached x

If your saying you have orange present after lifting you've probably only lifted to a level 7/8 x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 15
She wants to be as dark as a seven base with a real grey tone! Do you think 0/11 concentrate wella would work?

You can't tone a 7 to a clean blonde, you can only subdue the tone to natural, I.e if you tone the Orange level 7 with a 7.1 it will end up as a 7, 7 is brown, brown is not a suitable base for grey

It needs to be clean 10 to carry grey no matter what depth you go down to

Latest posts

Back