Base or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzxxx

Reaction score
Hi there new client has 100% white and numerous box colours on, roots a wishy washy pinky brown around a base 7, ends slightly darker not much just a completly different tone. She said she wanted to go lighter so used lighter colour for roots. Lol. I was thinking a wella 7/73 all over and few highlights as she wants to blend in with white coming through. Now just asking as I was taught add base in with tint for white. But on here I read by experienced geeks why add base? So now I'm not sure what is correct, I usually do add it in and covers better.

Hi there new client has 100% white and numerous box colours on, roots a wishy washy pinky brown around a base 7, ends slightly darker not much just a completly different tone. She said she wanted to go lighter so used lighter colour for roots. Lol. I was thinking a wella 7/73 all over and few highlights as she wants to blend in with white coming through. Now just asking as I was taught add base in with tint for white. But on here I read by experienced geeks why add base? So now I'm not sure what is correct, I usually do add it in and covers better.

Ps gentle pre lightening all over slightly first to remove tones.

I always add base! It may depend on colour house, but id dread the roots being translucent 😲

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always add base! It may depend on colour house, but id dread the roots being translucent 😲

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yer that's wat I thought x

I thought wella do double base for grey??

I thought wella do double base for grey??

They do but only for resistant otherwise they go half a depth to a full depth darker. Plus you can't mix anything other than special mix with them. You can mix the /00 colours with other colours though, the /00's are double warmth (naturals warm, so double natural, double warmth). So you could do 7/73 w/ 7/00. I don't think there's any need to prelighten her. I'd go with blondor and warm water, see how it goes, if it doesn't pull the tone out you may be better using 7/1 on the m+e and just 7/0 on the root possibly.

Latest posts

Back