Bauty therapy OR Hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.x.kelly

Nailjunkie
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering what job (either beauty therapy, or hairdressing) do you guys thinks better?

after being around college it made me wonder!:green:

Many thanks. x

:) Hi, i dont think you could really decide which is the better job at all really. It depends on what you enjoy the most and what you feel you will be better at. There is quite a big difference between the two so you couldnt really compare them. I feel it would be like comparing mechanics and dentistry! imo anyway! x x :lol:

Hiya

After doing Hairdressing for 2 years after I left school - I qualified and ended up working in an office...still doing family and friends hair in between etc........the plan was to then go on to Beauty once finishing Hairdressing - didn't happen...........until.........10 YEARS LATER!!!
I am qualifed in Beauty after going to evening college....best thing I've EVER done........I love it and it's my passion.......much more variety in Beauty than Hairdressing. I have completly stopped doing hair apart from family as it bores me and to be honest my heart isn't in it. It's Beauty Beauty Beauty for me from now on....!!!

That's my opinion...I'll never regret doing Hairdressing as it's a great skill to have - my only regret was that I didn't to Beauty earlier!!

Good luck - follow your heart :)

I agree, think thats your choice hun, dont think we can sway you either way. What do you enjoy most ?? Definitely, as above follow your heart. Which would you rather read through a hair magazine or a beauty therapy magazine ?? xx

thanks for replying grately appreciate your opinions! :)

thanks....xx

money wise and as an employee you will earn more money in beauty per hour than hairdressing... once your self employed still think you will earn more money in beauty i also think there is more variation with beauty you can keep on adding strings to your bow, hair is just hair is just hair, but beauty you can veer towards nails or holistics etc etc...

I was the same as you not sure which one. so i did both , and a lot of people say you are one or the other, but to be honest i enjoy both for different reasons buts that me. hope you make your mind up soon and good luck in what you decide to do.

Latest posts

Back