Beauty Courses, ladies your advice please...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hev

Reaction score
Hi girls, right i have been going around the houses looking out for training courses, I want to do a reasonable course that isnt over a year but an intense short course that is very good, i want to learn spray tanning, waxing, eyebrow tint/shape lash tint/perm, facials, massage

im not fussed if its lots of short courses, i just dont know where to start, im already going on my nail art airbrushing course in a couple of weeks and am booking on to the CND in july for L&P conversion.

whats your thoughts xx

I just wrote you a huge reply and just wiped the lot :mad: !

So my short answer is choose what works for you. I did a year's college course that was crap, disorganised, and the classes were too big so we hardly got any one to one training. Now I do all my training with Kim at the Cottage Training Centre www.traininginbeauty.co.uk. You have home study before you come so you get straight into the theory and then the practical. The classes are no more than 4 so you pretty well get one to one tuition. She is VTCT registered so you get an NVQ qualification, and she will fail you if you're not up to it! But at least you know the qualification you have is worth putting on the wall, unlike my college course NVQ2 in cosmetic makeup which is still in the envelope.

You don't learn it all in a day, but you learn enough to go away and practice, do your case studies and READ. You return about 6 weeks later for your assessment.

At the end of the day it's what works for you, I nearly gve up the will to live in my one year course, whereas my short courses leave me crammed with info and raring to go.

Hi there, I trained at the Brentwood Academy of health and beauty and they were brilliant!! You can do a VTCT level 2 course in beauty therapy, which is 2 days a week for approx 5 months. It is quite an intense course, but classes are kept to max 10 and the tutors are fantastic. They have all worked in/are still in the industry so can give invaluable insight and advice. Quite expensive course but well worth it. I wouldnt train anywhere else now, (and i have been to a few colleges)!!! Have a look at their website for more info. HTH xx

Oh that place looks lush to change, very dear though but i bet worth it, i need something thats evenings as im working during the days x

Latest posts

Back