Beauty insurance that covers retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
I am insured with the Guild, full memebership which covers client / product liabilty. I rang them today as I want to double check on a product I want to sell at an open day at my local leisure centre, they told me that retail isnt covered!
I am very dissapointed as I thought being a full member covers everthing, So can anyone recommend an beauty company that covers retail and treatments etc please?

We can offer you cover for your liability for sale of items under the products liability of our policy, the only condition is that it can only be a product you are selling on with no changes or if you are a a qualified aromatherapist oils you have blended. We only offer an insurance policy as we are not an association. If you are interested either visit our website www.towergatehealthandbeauty.co.uk or give us a call on 0844 892 1602

Am I being silly? Why do you need insurance for retail?

No not a silly question the cover is required should someone have a reaction or have an injury caused by using the product, even if the product is sold as bought by you then although the claim can be passed to the manufacturer then client will always start with who sold it to them and you would need your insurers to assist with any claim made against you. If you are an aromatherapist then claims made against you will be more involved as there is individual involvement in the product. I hope this helps.

Professional Beauty Direct offer insurance for individual therapists and salon owners, our policies cover your public liability, products liability and treatment liability, you can also choose to insure your kit/equipment.

Please feel free to give us a call on 08456 058 670 and one of the team will be happy to answer your queries.

www.professionalbeautydirect.co.uk

The Professional Beauty Direct team.

Latest posts

Back