Beauty premises-do you need to provide disabled access?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
I'm currently considering the options available to me if I want to create a beauty room - could be a room in the house or garden room or even a room above the garage. The room above the garage would be accessed by external steps and the garden room would be at the back of the garden. It has made me wonder though - do you have to provide disabled access?

Any opinions gratefully received! X

As long as you provide a door bell that says ring for assistance, your covered! X

As long as you provide a door bell that says ring for assistance, your covered! X

Really is that all? Thanks Bluerinse for the info! X

That's what my disabled friend told me, so aslong as you can assist then in your fine! X

Hi

I am in the process of putting my room together at home and on my website I will state: My beauty room is located on the first floor - I offer a mobile service in your own home for disabled customers please call on xxx

Hi

I am in the process of putting my room together at home and on my website I will state: My beauty room is located on the first floor - I offer a mobile service in your own home for disabled customers please call on xxx

That's a lovely idea. Thanks!

Hi

That's perfect! The Disability Discrimination Act says that you need to make "reasonable adjustments" to cater for disabled people - so offering a mobile service is ideal.

Latest posts

Back