Beauty Room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gema

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I started my own business and looking to rent one of the beauty rooms out, but it does not have a sink, and right now I cant afford the costs of getting one plumbed in.
Would this put you off straight away from not renting a room??

No it would not put me off as long as there was access to water quite close.

xx

I'm not sure if it applies in all areas but when I had a salon in birmingham we had to have running water in the treatment rooms. If I remember correctly it was the health and safety check when applying for the massage license that first brought this up. They would not issue the license until I had completed the plumbing. HTH

Thanks for the reply, will have to look into that. Ive worked in salons where there has been no sink access in some of the rooms. mmm an investigation to start i think!

Hi Gema,

Depends what kind of treatments are going to be done from that room I suppose. Not every treatment needs running water in situ.

I use a treatment room a day or two a week and that doesn't have running water, never caused me a problem, I just make sure I'm oranised with clean hot water available when I need it.

x

Hi Tracy,

Thats exactly what I did, so hopefully wont put people off. Got a couple of people interested so we shall see!

Thanks

my beautician uses my basins that are right outside her room

I rent a room and don't have a sink, I've also worked in salons and health spas with no sinks in the room, it wouldn't put me off at all, as long as there is access to water I don't see a problem :)

Latest posts

Back