Beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurachicgeek

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanted some advice. I'm a mobile beautician about to move into a rented room in a hair salon. There was a lady there before me so there are clients ready and waiting which is great! Only thing is apparently my prices are too high to what they normally pay.the salon owner said they probably won't come in if I keep them at my prices.
I no I use different products that are dearer to use such as CND for manicures and pedicures and the lady before used Thai.
I'm going in tomorrow to have a look at the ladies price list to see what the difference is.
What would you do in my situation? Keep the prices the same? Change them a little bit?or price match to the lady before me?
Not sure what to do for the best?

Hi there! Please do not let anyone dictate your prices as you have had good training, use high end products and are fully insured. This does not come cheap for you so charge what you are worth.

Also it is only from what the salon owner has said and you are not guaranteed that those clients will come to you.

Personally I would look elsewhere as the salon owner should not be dictating your prices if you are self employed and this is before you get in there. Believe me I have experienced fully being in a room where the salon owner treats me like I am employed.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I wish you every success for the future x

Keep your prices, for what you are worth. If you want to run an introductory offer of x amount or % off, then try that. It'll bring the regulars in where you can do amazing treatments, wow them and keep them whilst keeping your prices as you see fit :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank you. How long would you do the introductory offer for? Just out of interest? I've only been mobile for 6 months and have gained 8 regular clients so they are all happy to pay my prices. I also did a google search on other salons around me and my prices are around the same

When i opened my beauty room last july i did an introductory offer of 40% off for 4 days i was booked up and gained many full paying regulars from this

When i opened my beauty room last july i did an introductory offer of 40% off for 4 days i was booked up and gained many full paying regulars from this

That's an amazing idea!!! How did you advertise? If you don't mind me asking?

Mail drops, Facebook, networking... word of mouth. Are there any businesses nearby you can target? Hairdressers you can team up with? Erm..my mind is blank now!

Well I'm a cleaner for a big company in the evenings. Was thinking of giving them a discount voucher valid for a month.

Excellent idea. Great opportunity you have there. Keep promoting to them even after the discount period. Good luck! X

Thank you so much! This will help emencley! :) x

Aw, you're welcome! Best of luck :) xx

I was in an awkward situation like this when I started out. As soon as I qualified I left my full time call centre job to be a nail tech.

I rented a room off a another therapist just to do nails on the understanding that I brought my own clients in but then I realised her prices were a few pounds cheaper than mine. When I set my prices I wanted to attract a certain type of client and knew that when I was "up to scratch" I would be offering a really good service.

Innocently I spoke to her about what to do with mine being more than hers and she said stick to those prices which at the time I didn't know if she meant it so she could slyly get any walk in business or not but I did.

I found that no one cared I was a few pounds dearer. If those clients care then they won't come and like me, you'll attract the ones that you want to attract anyway. I'm assuming were are talking a few pounds? I wouldn't change my prices at all and just explain to anyone that its the professional equalivant of using tesco finest ingredients compared to tescos own. Better quality

:) x

Yes I no. Just got the price list today. There's things I'm cheaper on then there's things she's cheaper on. I refuse to Change my manicure prices as I use CND. I charge £10 for mini manicure as advised by CND trainer £12 for file & polish. She charges £8 for file and polish and £16 for manicure. That's just one peice of the price list difference. The lady before used Thai products but I use CND. There is a BIG difference in quality. Few waxing things are £4 cheaper than I charge. I'm happy to change that but the manicures no. ...however the pedicures (luxurypedicure) she chared £26 I only charge £20 not sure to up it to her prices? What's your opinions?

I charge £30 for luxury pedi and its and hour and 15 mins long. We just can't get a decent lux pedi done in an hour! It's all so rushed.

Yes I no. It does take longer for a decent pedicure. I'm thinking keep the price to £26. If they pay that already then it's ok :)

Latest posts

Back