Beauty salon videos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flickaroo

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who uses video blogs for their beauty salon?
I was thinking of maybe doing brow make up tutorials, showcasing new polish shades etc
I've never filmed myself before so a bit worried that people will think its rubbish!
If anyone is already using this to promote their business then I would love to hear any tips or ideas?! Thanks :)

If you do videos and use them on a professional website it's fantastic SEO power. It can greatly increase the brand awareness of the salon as well as push the rankings up if done correctly :)

That's a good point :) I don't want to make anything too boring, want something fun but need some inspiration!

If anyone has done this, I'd love to have a look. I've thought about doing this too.

Just been watching some of Tanya Burr's videos, she's so sweet, and has an amazing personality. If you watch her first video and then her most recent, it's like two different people!
So I guess maybe it just takes practice feeling comfortable in front of the camera?

No one out there who does this? :(

Try it then get back to us.

I looked at some make up tutorials and think they are crap so decided to do one myself. The truth is I can't bear myself on camera. I sound really cockney like I'm on a market stall. I do think I sound quite cockney but on camera it was awful.

I did it over and over and was getting really stressed about it, so gave up. I think the only possible way forward for me is to film me putting it on someone else while talking. I found the filming myself, talking, doing my own make up completely hideous!

Let us know how you get on!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha! I got told I sounded cockney once too, but the American viewers love it lol! I used to do YouTube videos back in the day but that was mainly product reviews and tutorials. I would definitely go for it if you can. You need good lighting, preferably daylighting which you can get off Amazon and a tri pod for your camera and an editing package in your laptop. I used to just use windows movie maker but a lot if you tubers use iMovie. Go for it and good luck! X

I guess I'm just concerned that I don't have the personality to do this, how can I make it interesting?
I've watched so many videos over the weekend!!

I'm having a few vids done to attach to our website. It's more on marketing our salon and why peeps should come to us and it's different :( no one else around me does it so it's good to be first ! Also we'll be using it in our social media and like Banner Penguin said it'll be good for SEO.

Latest posts

Back