Beauty show nec-what to expect??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Stacey

Reaction score
Hey everyone, am planning on going to the Beauty Show at the NEC on sunday 8th may, I know this might sound really silly but have no idea what to expect?? Ive never been to anything like this before, is it just loads of different stalls with companys advertising and selling there products? x

Please help:confused: I dont want to go with completely the wrong expectations x x

Hi I am going on the Monday. I have been to professional beauty and have been told they are very similar. There are lots of companys there and lots of bargains to be had. They are all promoting themselves realy and you can get a few freebies I am told. I am so excited as i love finding out all the new trends and love a good shop lol x hope this helps and feel free to ask me any questionsxx

I am going too, not sure which day yet, i cant wait! :green:

Thank you x
Am really looking forward to it, guess i will be needing to go with a full purse then ~ i will prob want to buy everything! am going to train to do nails soon so will be good to actually see all these different products mentioned in the nail geek forum and maybe get a few bits ready x x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Don't expect too many freebies, take your piggy bank and wear comfy gear and flat shoes!

Last edited:
Was hoping to get a few freebees but oh well, am sure i will still have a good day and spend too much money! lol x

I went to shows 15 years ago and excel this year, nothing changed, NO freebies! U seriously have to pay for everything these days! I think unless u are from a high using salon they will not be interested in anything other than selling u what they have there and their courses! I would have brought far more had I been given samples of products to try like tans, wax, facial products! But no one wants go give them out to a mobile therapist as they don't think it worth their while! Some very helpful geeks on here have helped me out, and I am likely to change over to there products! But still, flat shoes a big bag, lots of money and even more energy is all u need! X

Ok thank you. at least i know in advance and don't go expecting anything! x x

This might sound silly but are food and drink available throughout the day? x x

There are plenty of places for refreshments around the NEC. But they are expensive!

The problem with giving away sample is how much they cost! 90% of the people who take samples only want them because they are free ... they aren't serious clients for the supplier. With the amount of money companies spend on stands they can't afford to give away so much stock.

For me the NEC show is my most disappointing of them all (Pro Beauty, Olympia and Beauty UK). It just seems full of pile it high sell it cheap companies, and companies that should have no place in a professional trade show - tarot readers, chocolate fountains etc. You can find some good companies there who are of interest ... but not that many.

This is just my point of view and based on what I am looking for in a trade show - your mileage may well vary.

Mat

Fozzyo great point! But surely there are ways to separate time wasters and students after freebies? I mean spray tanning u just ask them what tan/machine they are using and how many they do, etc to know if they are proper customers? Lashes, ask them what they are using and use the most of? Etc, I mean sales people are surely trained to spot time wasters? And isnt that part of having a business, giving out samples to lots of potential customers that may never order? It's just a pain in the bum for those of us that actually want to buy things and don't know which products to buy! X

I was just thinking the same! x

Generally, when the companies know you are serious or a high spender they will then tend to give you stuff.

I got some fabulous stuff from Spa Ritual when I bought some of their new stock from Premier Orlando last year. OPI and some of the skincare companies gave me a load of extras after I had actually purchased stuff at the show

The shows in the UK are a different breed really. If you ever ever get to go to one in the US do it,it is so exciting when you first start off. Infact my next one is in June and just thinking about what I need makes me excited about going.

The massage convention I go to is good for freebies but it is a much smaller event and I appreciate what Fozzyo is saying about the cost involved, it is the same for me in the spa I buy samples, get given some to pass on, but I don't leave too many out and I sometimes just physically give them to the clients as they would just lift them by the handful, rather than 1 or 2 and then buy the full size, but as the saying goes you got to speculate to accumulate.

Latest posts

Back