Beauty Show UK Birmingham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebzBeauty

Reaction score
Hi,
I went to the Beauty Show again today. Bought a few bargains....
Just wondered if anyone went today or planning to go tomorrow & what you thought?

Loved it. Got insurance sorted with a nice dermalogica gift :) happy :)

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app

I gave it a miss this time. Wasn't feeling the crowds! Instead we are off on a day trip to Cambridge for an explore. Xx

I went and got few bargains too and got my insurance sorted with free gift too :)

The last couple of years at Beauty UK have been OK, but I am afraid I have to say I found yesterday shocking. Very badly laid out and a right load of tat being sold. I won't be making the 90 minute trip next year, unless they attract some more big players. Even the likes of Fake Bake had a tiny stand.

Glad somebody else thought it had gone down hill this year, i was really disappointed and felt exactly the same way yesterday. Won't be going next year.

Sent from my XT1032 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all the responses.....I must say although I got some bargains, you are all on the similar wavelength to me. I noticed there was a few 'cheaper' type companies with not good quality product being sold. Also I had a dreadful experience at the Cuccio stand. None of the staff knew the offers they had on...1 lady acted as though she really didn't want to be there & didn't want to help me when I was trying to look for a certain lotion. I was supposed to have an appointment with them earlier too & was told I couldn't have it or samples I was promised (lady I dealt with was nice though & very apologetic & embarrassed about her boss!) Must say til staff were nice though!
Also glad I'm not a hairdresser as not many stands for hair this year.
Finally....anyone get the feeling they were all obsessed with teeth whitening & brows?! Tonnes of stands for that!

Yeah! Dodgy teeth whitening! No UV protection goggles shocked me... Not that I know anything about it but would have thought ..

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive just got back and tbh wish I hadnt gone. It was all nail stands, teeth whitening and eye brows! I had a list of supplies I needed but the very few stands which sold this kind of stuff were really cheap brands. The holistic side had fortune telling ?!

I didnt think it is representative of our industry as a whole. I went to buy supplies, look for a new skin care line and check out new waxing systems. Came away with none of that, the insurance was cheaper on line with a code I received in the post (and ABT had run out of the free gift). I wont bwle going next year.

I was exhibiting with Combat Cosmetics and I have to say it wasn't the same this year, a poorly dressed man asking people if they want botox doing, loads of non proffesional MLM brands there, bag shops, Palm readers? not really a true reflection of our industry.. If anything all the things we dislike about it!
Xx

Never been before and won't be going again, did get what i needed but was there an hour and £12 for parking [emoji16]

I was rather disappointed considering it was first time there but got few bargains but didn't expect these random cheap stalls to be there at all.

I went this year only because TCBG were there. I was quite disappointed on the tat they were selling...scarves and shoes and LOADS of teeth whitening stalls. I took my sister (her first time) she had a trail of some powder brow thing. The girl slapped on wonky dark brown, thick powder on her which looked AWFUL as she's very pale and almost platinum blonde. I asked the girl is it mineral and she replied "Erm, I don't know it's just some sort of powder stuff, just like an eyeshadow". [emoji15] I asked on tooth whitening stall's rep about the chemicals in the gel and she didn't have a clue she replied with "I dunno, you can have a look on the packet because I don't know what the hell any of this stuff is" - SHOCKING. I think I won't bother next time, I'll just stick to olympia.

I have been to beauty UK 3 years running and I'm glad I have read this! I thought this year was terrible I'm usually still there near 5pm this year I was done by 12pm, won't be going next year going to try one of the London shows instead. There was just so much tat lol and I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the teeth whitening stand using no goggles

Hello Salon Geeker's, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any beauty exhibitions going on anywhere in Birmingham / West Midlands area this month or the coming months?

The last couple of years at Beauty UK have been OK, but I am afraid I have to say I found yesterday shocking. Very badly laid out and a right load of tat being sold. I won't be making the 90 minute trip next year, unless they attract some more big players. Even the likes of Fake Bake had a tiny stand.
Yeah totally agree,I gave it a miss this year as the last few years have. Been the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen! I doing even think it is very professional.....it is more like a great big cheap stand of make up and accessories like the kind of tat you get down the market!!!!

Hello Salon Geeker's, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any beauty exhibitions going on anywhere in Birmingham / West Midlands area this month or the coming months?

Hi, the beauty show in Birmingham nec is on in May 2016.
The next show is Manchester in October as far as I'm aware ...
Xxx

Latest posts

Back