Beauty | The Kitty Litter Facial...Really.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Fancy a crazy story to colour your Friday? Luckily, I have one. This lady, Michelle, has posted a pretty convincing video on her beauty vlog eschewing the benefits of kitty litter as a face mask. If I had the motivation and the scientific wherewithal to verify her claims, I would, but I don't so, for now, until this is corroborated by someone other than a girl on You Tube, I'm staying clear. However, I shall let you decided.

The basic principle of her argument is that most unscented kitty litters are made of bentonite clay which is included in a lot of fancy products purely because of its power to attract impurities and toxins like a magnet. In other words, if it can absorb all the nasties in cat excretions, then it can do pretty much the same thing to free radicals, toxins etc in our skin.

Here's the video. You tell me.

Kitty Litter Facial Mask : Deep Cleansing - YouTube

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 12.38.18.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 12.38.18.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 218
Uummmm no thanks lol x

oh dear.... was curious and very much doubted that litter was 100% bentonite clay! A 30 sec internet search on cat litter ingredients states that a second ingredient often used is quartz silica - which poses a cancer risk! :Scared: It does say that safer alternatives are often used, but still, if this became some weird trend, then unfortunately people keen to rub cat litter on their faces may not be the people who'd think to carefully consider the ingredients. Also if dust from the clay is inhaled it will cause respiratory problems. This clay IS used in skin products, BUT it is used by professionals who understand the ingredients and properties of what they are using!

...... please dont rub cat litter on your face! Seriously, ... please don't!!

Why would this even cross your mind? Bet she thinks she has had some genious idea...I don't think so :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

As much as I love cats, I won't be slapping any of that on my face any time soon!

The amount of times I've foolishly breathed in at the wrong time when filling the litter tray with clean litter and then choked on the dust particles, I can tell you this stuff is horrid.. My lungs should be bone dry!!!

The only other good use cat litter has is sprinkling on the snowy/icy pathways to give good walking grip ;)

nope wont be putting it on my face but i have heard its good for smelly trainers also so may try that out on my sons!!

nope wont be putting it on my face but i have heard its good for smelly trainers also so may try that out on my sons!!

I heard that one too, tried it out and the cat **** in my shoe :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that one too, tried it out and the cat **** in my shoe :(

Hahaha that made me chuckle.

Do you reckon it would have more added benefits if the litter had cat poop in it already? All the extra vitamins. Would be like a mud mask! Ewww

Seems logical enough to me, however with all the recent food scandals in the UK who knows what you are getting, are you REALLY getting a bentonite clay based litter?

Who regulates kitty litter? Probably no one and you could be slapping anything on your face here.. ash, ash of dead fish, ash of dead fish gut, ash of ash... you just do not never know what your cat litter is bulked out with!

That is just unhygienic and surely that dose not smell very pleasant. :D I will not be trying that!

After watching this I'm not going to give up my Elemis anytime soon. If that girl can convince people to put cat litter on their face then she is one of the best sales women I've ever seen x

Latest posts

Back