Beauty therapist ready to learn tips and overlays, not sure where to start ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo309

Reaction score
Hi everyone :biggrin:

My name is Jo and I have been a beauty therapist for 20 odd years (glup) I have only ever dealt with the natural nail but have been asked and asked to provide tips and overlays so here I go.

I do not know where to start to be honest , I pride myself on giving high quality treatments to clients and was wondering what peeps experience has been of various brand systems and training etc.

I think getting first hand experiences from you all would be a massive help in making my decision which brand to go for.

Cheers
Jo

There are many companies to look at - if you put training into the search and search specifically in the Nail Geek forum then you will get loads of threads to read.

Good luck.

if you are looking at doing tips and overlays then you will need either a hard gel or L+P. There are many companies and if you search on here you will find what other geeks have said. I personally would train with CND as i have trained with several companies over the years and CND have given far more support before and after the training. Soon we have Brisa lite coming out which you may want to think about which can be used with tips to give 3 weeks wear or can be used under shellac to give extra strength for clients that need it. There is a brisa lite thread on here with much more info. xx

Hi

Thank you both I have been looking at CND and have mailed the Leeds centre for some info also just been looking at NSI. I've been all over the internet and this forum the last few days and my head is spinning lol.

I think I will start with a shellac course before I start with extensions to offer to my natural nail customers tried it myself and loved the results. I'm going back into mobile after a long spell of illness so I want to go for a good system with good training from the get go even if it costs more on the outset I cant believe its taken me this long to take the plunge.

I shall continue my search

Thank you again

Jo

Latest posts

Back