beauty therapy book

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
hi could someone recomended a good beauty therapy book im starting my nvq2 soon and would like to buy a good book just to start me off ,so i kind of know what im doing as im really nervous , as im new to all this beauty stuff as i really dont know how to do anything even the basic make up skills so i just want to get most of the knowledge to help me through thank you

check with your college because the my textbook was included with the course NVQ /SNVQ LEVEL 2 BEAUTY THEAPY by Jane Hiscock & Frances Lovett.

Hi
I am half way through my NVQ2 and am really enjoying it. I have to say though that we have had to replace (at personal expense) much of the student kit which was supplied because it simply isn't very good. Including the book!:(

This is a link to the book supplied with the course.
Amazon.co.uk: S/NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy, 2nd Edition: S/NVQ Level 2: For the 2004 Standards: Books: Jane Hiscock,Frances Lovett
Now as I said this book hasn't even included some of the basic information that we have needed for the course!

This is a link to the other book most of us have bought and it compliment the other book, and the course really well. In fact even our tutors prefer this one!!
Amazon.co.uk: Beauty Therapy the Foundations: The Official Guide to Level 2: Books: Lorraine Nordmann

Hope that help and good luck with the course. :green:

Not sure which books you mentioned Pure as the above links arent working for me but this is the book I used and it stood by me well!

Lorraine Nordmann Beauty NVQ2 Book.

HTH

edit - Pure your links are working fine now and I see you used the same book as well snap! :lol:

edit - Pure your links are working fine now and I see you used the same book as well snap! :lol:

Finally worked out how to insert the links!!! :rolleyes::biggrin:

The college usually include a relavant textbook with the kit you have to buy, this is the textbook they will refer to and set your homework etc from.

What didn't it include hun?

When we are doing our task sheets (written homework) all the answers are meant to be found in the text book, but we were finding that some of the A&P terms were either different to what VTCT wanted or simply weren't included at all. Some of the information on skin type descriptions were not included. Also, the make-up section was severly lacking in information. Basically in the book by Lorraine Nordmann, there was much more detail, more acurate, and more in depth.

I still use both books because then I find I can get all the information I need.:rolleyes:

I am studying HND Beauty Therapy - we are using the Beauty Therapy Fact File (4th Edition) by Susan Cressy. I must say this book is absolutely brilliant - lots of really useful stuff in there (incl A&P). Why don't you check out your college library as you might be able to borrow it from there. Our college also has a learning centre where they set you up with interactove learning modules - really useful - I would make a few enquiries if I were you to see what's available where you are. hth

Not sure which books you mentioned Pure as the above links arent working for me but this is the book I used and it stood by me well!

Lorraine Nordmann Beauty NVQ2 Book.

HTH

this is the book i would recommend, it is fab lots of useful,info and great pics

Latest posts

Back