Beauty Therapy Interview!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Marie*

Reaction score
2 years ago I applied at my college to do NVQ Beauty Therapy and was offered an interview but at the time I had no self-esteem and very little confidence so just didn't go to the interview as I was too scared!

Well last year I applied again but was too late in applying and the course got full up, anyway to my surprise on Saturday a letter arrived from the college offering me an interview for 23 April! They must have kept my application from last year!

I have got to do a Basic Skills Assessment in Numeracy and Literacy prior to the interview... just wondered how difficult that is, if anyone knows? The last time I applied and got offered the interview it didn't state that in the letter so they must have changed requirements now and plus it's a one-to-one interview this time round, whereas it was in a group of 10 people 2 years ago! I feel better about this because of the confidence issues, although I am far better these days!

I feel things this year are already starting to look up, as anyone that knows me personally or has ever read my journal will know!

The basic skills assessment is easy hun, its to make sure you can string a sentance together and do basic arithmatic. Im sure you will be fine. Good luck:hug: :hug:

Awwww good luck hun!! The basic tests are soooooooo easy, you'll be fine!!! :) Let us know how you get on!!! :)

My daughter is doing the exact same thing tomorrow.I will let you know.

Aww thanks everyone... know it's a long time away but I'll let ya know how I get on in April! :green:

there are practice basic skills tests on the net , not sure of the adress but type in the basic skills practice tests and you should find the site

Actually, if you are too worried, contact the college itself to find out more about it. I am sure they will give you a bit of detail about what the tests invole so you wont be too surprised.

Goodluck and let us know how you get on. These courses are hard to get onto, so put your best foot foward.:hug:

My daughter had her interview today.The basic skills tests were on maths and english on a computer about 30 mins each test she found the maths test quite difficult as it was going back to basics by the sound of it.So my12 year old probably would have been better at it ..finding areas and things like that.
English was easy she said.So dont worry too much ,get your old maths books out.

Hi Marie,
Please do not be put off by the test. The tests are used to assess wether or not people may need additional help with their course. Theses tests are NOT pass or fail, even if you didn't answer a single question this would not mean you won't get on the course... obviously it's good to try :rolleyes: Do express to the tutor (interviewer) how nervous you are, they will understand, they see it every day.
Go for it, I'm sure you'll love the course. The first step is always the hardest - and most worthwhile :hug:

Hi Marie,
Please do not be put off by the test. The tests are used to assess wether or not people may need additional help with their course. Theses tests are NOT pass or fail, even if you didn't answer a single question this would not mean you won't get on the course... obviously it's good to try :rolleyes: Do express to the tutor (interviewer) how nervous you are, they will understand, they see it every day.
Go for it, I'm sure you'll love the course. The first step is always the hardest - and most worthwhile :hug:

Aww thanks, I had just been wondering as a while back (10 years infact!) I had a numeracy and literacy test when I went for an interview with the Post Office and it was fairly difficult... my Maths skills are a bit crap but English is completely fine!

Also thanks everyone for your replies of support... will let you know what happens! :green:

I am having the same issue, I have my interview in two days and haven't studied for six years. I'm sure you be fine and good luck.

I am having the same issue, I have my interview in two days and haven't studied for six years. I'm sure you be fine and good luck.

I hadn't been at school for errm 20 years when I did mine! It is just so they can see that you are able to do the course work un assited - try not to put too much emphasis on these tests - its not going to affect whether you are able to do the course or not

Latest posts

Back