Beauty top tips & tricks for email-newletters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
Hi All,
I soon hope to get set up to send email newsletters to my clients, & trying to make a start on some notes on what to include.
If you send out a newsletter, what do you include in yours?
Today I read a really good article in VITALITY June/July issue on "top 10 sucessful newsletter tips. One of the top 10 tips was to include lots of free tips & tricks for clients to read.
So I wondered what are your top beauty tips & tricks that you would include in a newsletter?
x:hug:x

Anyone? :sad:

you could offer tips & tricks on how best to apply your facial products at home i.e. use your ring finger to apply eye cream and gently tap outwards towards the lymph nodes near your ear. Use fingertips instead of palms to apply serum/moisturiser so as not to waste product (use less, cream lasts longer), etc?

What ingrediants to avoid in skincare products and why! i.e. parabens, SLS, alcohol, Isopropyl myristate, etc

Or explain what certain ingrediants are and what the benefits are i.e. alpha hydroxy acids, shea butter, etc

Perhaps you can give examples of which retail products you supply have certain ingrediants!

hope this helps xxx

You could do some pieces on nails - manicure and pedicure are good at the moment, talk about the current colour trends, hard nails and soft nails, recommend cuticle oils, prescriptive nail treatments, Minx, Shellac, the difference between nail extensions and overlays (what the pros and cons are). Skin problems - pigmentation, acne, congestion, aging problems, dehydration (describe what these conditions look like or put some pictures up), discuss what is involved in a cleansing routine and why they would do this, what the benefits of a facial are and then recommend or highlight a product of the month. Describe some of the holistic treatments available, to take the mystery out of the treatment. Offer of the month. Recommend a friend, are just some thoughts. Hope this is what you mean, once you get started, you can make a list to keep you going and I'm sure some of the other geeks will have some other ideas.

Just thought of some more, what about make-up, current colour trends, mineral make-up, how to apply eyeliner, what foundation to use and how to find the correct shade.

Hair removal - electrolysis or waxing, what the difference between the two.

Thanks for your replies, some fantastic ideas, I will definatly use them :D

I was also thinking of; Top Tip - When applying hand cream always apply to the back of the hand, use the back of the other hand to rub in, then work onto the fingers & palms. As its the back of the hands that shows one of the first signs of ageing!
Does that sound ok? I dont want the tips to come ascross like I dont think the clients know what they are doing :o

Joe - I love the tip on using your ring finger when applying eye cream etc

Totalbeauty - The colour trends is a brilliant idea too, I will try & find out what these are for summer, nail varnish colours, lipsticks, eyemakeup etc

x:hug::hug:x

Just though of a few more tips;

Gently brush your lips with your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips to keep them soft & always apply lipbalm with an SPF in it.

Before you finish in the shower, blast your body & hair with cold water, as its very invigorating for your skin & helps keep your hair shiny.

If you wear a blue toned lipstick it can give the illusion of whiter teeth. x

Just a little thought, when I get an e-newsletter, I scan through it quite quick. The idea of getting big articles sent through to wade through before I get to the offer doesnt appeal.

I just sent one out, quite short, Hair offer, tan offer, declaration of world cup free zone, online info and offer, makeup event. That was all.

I like to make it short and sweet.

I like to make it short too.
I now use the same format each month, it has a "Did did you know" section, "What you have to say this week" section with a testimonial and a "offers or new treatments" section. I then finish will all my contact and website details and leave it at that.

I too planned on keeping it short & sweet, I agree nothing worse than having too much information, I think people are so busy they dont have the time & dont want to read really long emails.

I was going to do one email per month, but after reading the article on email newsletters it advices one per week! So not too such what to do.

Thats a great idea about adding the clients testimonails.

Having an online offer is a good idea too, I do a monthly special offer, but good idea to have one just for e-newsletter subscribers, with that do you say anything like print this email off & bring with you?

In mine I was thinking of having; special offer, new treatments to come (if any), a beauty tip/trick/or bit of advice, dates I might be away ie holiday, trainig, bank hol, xmas, & contact details.

Brandywine - what do you write in your "did you know" section? x

Brandywine - what do you write in your "did you know" section? x[/QUOTE]

I put tips or advice. This month I put wellbeing tips I got from a Mind event I went to, last month I had a bit about hayfever. Other times I've put advice about foot care, benefits of massage etc. It does get tricky thinking of new things to put, which is why I only do one a month. Perhaps I should do mini news letter for weekly!

It does get tricky thinking of new things to put

I bet it does, (I am struggling adding to my little list) Thats why I was hoping we could all swap hits, tips, tricks or advice etc with each other by adding ours :D

I'm working my way through an A-Z of beauty & write a little bit about that particular letter that month. I try & tie it in with a treatment of ours aswell if I can

I'm working my way through an A-Z of beauty & write a little bit about that particular letter that month. I try & tie it in with a treatment of ours aswell if I can

Thats a good idea, do you mean something like;
E is For Exfoliation - Exfoliate your skin regulary to get rid of dead skin cells, keeping your skin silky soft & to help stop you peeling in the sun. Why not try out our Full Body Scrub which includes a body moisturise as well!

Or do you word differently?
Can you give me an example of one of yours please? x

i really hope that you are going to post what you decided to go with in the end as there is some fabulous ideas mentioned by you and the other posters on this thread! i can't wait to see your finished newsletter! :D

x

i really hope that you are going to post what you decided to go with in the end as there is some fabulous ideas mentioned by you and the other posters on this thread! i can't wait to see your finished newsletter! :Dx

I will do,:D I am hoping others will share their beauty tips, product advice, tricks, beauty facts etc as well.
Do you have any Missconfused? :sad:
This thread has been viewed 107 times already, so hoping there is more advice etc to come! x

Thats a good idea, do you mean something like;
E is For Exfoliation - Exfoliate your skin regulary to get rid of dead skin cells, keeping your skin silky soft & to help stop you peeling in the sun. Why not try out our Full Body Scrub which includes a body moisturise as well!

Or do you word differently?
Can you give me an example of one of yours please? x

Yes, Emma, something along those lines. Can't remember off hand exactly what I've done but some examples would be:
A for anti-ageing
B for body massage
C for cellulite
etc etc

Just thought of another one;

Mascara going a bit cloggy? - Put mascara tubes in a mug of boiling water & leave for at least 15 minutes, this will helpdisolve the mascara making it last longer.

Latest posts

Back