Beauty Works plastic tipped nanos - queries about quality

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashqueen

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm still having issues with a set of plastic tipped nano hair extensions fitted on a colleague. I previously posted about slippage and discovered that I should switch from silicone lined rings to unlined - I refitted the set with these unlined rings. She is still losing, now, it's mostly the ring and the strand together and its nowhere near as many as before. But these rings are tightly fixed to the tip. I am definitely using enough hair in the bead and the tip is positioned behind the natural hair strand. What else can it be?

The only possible problem we can think of, is that the hair is a little knottier than it had been in previous weeks. My colleague is noticing this and wonders if she is possibly pulling too much. She is experienced with extensions and knows how to care for them.

This hair is only four months old, it shouldn't be losing it quality already, should it?

So my final question, is it possible this hair is not long lasting quality? The BW website is wonderfully vague about the grade of hair. I looked on the website of the extensionist that fitted them initially and in her prices, she lists the hair as AAAA hair. My understanding is that it only lasts up to six months at that grade?

I'm going mad trying to perfect this and as I am newly qualified at extensions, I am reluctant to add this to my service list until I've nailed it. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Bumping in hope of help!

Im not too sure i can help to be honest i fitted some of these around 6 weeks now i found it so hard to get the silicon tips in the rings i had to cut them by half & found it so much easier but i still had to realy push the in! As far as i know she hasnt lost any!
Have you asked her what aftercare products she is using? Maybe it could be that? Sorry im not much help! X

Hiya, I didn't find them too hard to apply. It's not aftercare, she uses the correct products.

I've just been searching this forum and it seems hair quality is a consistent issue. Although not seen any firm answer as to how long the hair SHOULD last. Also seen a little bit about the tips being difficult to reapply once used previously.

I think unless I get a magical solution of another Geek, I'm gonna get some hair from Transform or Euphoria, and try again.

Yes i see alot on here about the hair issues, have you contacted beauty works? I know they were improving there processing of the hair to imlrove the quality of it! I find the tips far too bendy when putting them in it took me alot longer.

I used bw's nano tips and won't be using them again. The tip is way to flimsy and the maintenance (removing and refiting) took me 3 hours... With the standard metal hook nanos it takes me 1 and a half hours.
they slipped a lot more then silicone lined nano rings and the hair hasn't lasted that well for the price X

I used bw's nano tips and won't be using them again. The tip is way to flimsy and the maintenance (removing and refiting) took me 3 hours... With the standard metal hook nanos it takes me 1 and a half hours.
they slipped a lot more then silicone lined nano rings and the hair hasn't lasted that well for the price X

Yeah, I didn't have problems fitting them - admittedly I am newly qualified and take longer anyway. But I think we have decided to just get new hair anyway.

Latest posts

Back