Becoming mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbells81

Reaction score
Hi all I just wondered I work part time in the evening at the moment, but want to start mobile some point . I just wondered how many clients do u think I will need to have in order for me to give my over job up thx

I think the rule is... Once you are making more money from nails than your normal job, you can give it up. Also make sure you have the demand for more nail hours. No point quitting your job if you have no clients to fill your new hours.

Hi thx what should i charge a full set of gel to set up with thx

Ok thx yeh I thought min wage someone told me £5 but I thought it was to low to cover cost s of things but thx for ur advice

£5 for a set of gels? Whoever told you that clearly has no idea the costs we have.

If you're already doing nails in the evenings, why do you need to set low prices? Surely you've already got experience now?

Hi I haven’t got experience or clients yet I’m looking to set myself up thx

Hi I haven’t got experience or clients yet I’m looking to set myself up thx

Oh what about your part time evening clients?
I think I’ve misunderstood your question…

Sorry I as a cleaner in afternoons till 1_ 6 pm . So hoping to nails soon . Thx

If you have money saved up for a few months ahead then I would say jump straight in will all you can. Every hour that you don't have a client booked you can practice on yourself, friends, practice hands etc. Work on your social media.. yes, it does take hours at the start. Build a website. Post to local groups. Advertise that you need models for your portfolio but still charge for that etc. I personally did that and 3 months after I was fully booked. But this would not have happened if I had another job meanwhile. However, I was lucky to have saved up money for personal expenses and business investments. If you haven't then maybe work nails in the evening as it is more popular with mobile clients and work something else during the day.

I also don't fully know your situation, but I have heard some people get universal credit at the start. '' If you start a business while you are claiming Universal Credit, the minimum income floor will not apply to you for the first 12 months. This 'start up period' gives you a chance to grow your business. In the start up period, your Universal Credit payment is calculated based on your actual earnings even if they are lower than your minimum income floor. ''

Hi thx for that will have to think about it doing another extension course tomorrow so hopefully it will give me the push I need thx

Latest posts

Back