Been offered room to rent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the process of turning my spare room into my nail/tanning room.

I have just done a spray tan for a regular and her cousin. Her cousin offers non ivasive lipo in a salon about 5 mins away from me. She had seen all my work, loved her tan etc and offered me the massive room that they are renting out.

The room is really big, it's decorated to a high standard, has a sofa, kitchen and a ensuite bathroom attached to the room I have been offered. All I need is my table and retail bits etc.

I have been asked to pay £100 per week and do as many or as little hours as I want. Now the thing is as I said before, I am doing up my own room in my house.

The salon is in a good location, near shops etc and for £20 per week it cant really go wrong can it?

Should I just focus on my room at home or rent out that room.

Who prefers a home salon to a salon salon? Do I give away £100 each week of my hard earned money and go for it or just focus on my home room and being mobile? Any advice would be great' thanks x

[QUOTE=Nails

Have you already got clients or you starting from scratch at home? X

Nails Have you already got clients or you starting from scratch at home? X[/quote said:
Most of my clients are mobile ones but said they would be more than happy to come to me for their appointments. I have a few clients who come to me for tans and nails at home but not many. So in that respect it wouldn't be a massive upheaval and damage my client list.

The whole idea of me doing my room up was so I didnt have to be mobile anymore but deep down I think renting the salon is the best option for me even though I will be paying out for it. Think I just need reassurance :)

Go for it! This would be my dream! You already have clients, so your set! Rent it whilst your doing your room up, so you don't need to be mobile! :) xxx

This is the room. It has 3 hair chairs and a basin and chair so I can use it when I am qualified in hair. A man rents the room only on Sunday's hence the hair bits.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346184362.613133.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346184362.613133.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 222
Looks real nice x

Looks nice... I'm a little confused though, is it £100 per week or per month? XxX

Well I was offered a nail station to rent for £100 per week, so for the full room I think it's pretty good! Xxx

After seeing it I say go for it. It's gorgeous, you could move straight in and the fact that you are paying rent will probably mean that you will get that kick up the bum to make sure you have more clients coming through the door so you can cover your rent.

You can always still decorate your home salon so youve got something ready to fall back on if it didn't work out.

xxx

Yeahi say go for it too.. It looks beautiful, love the red! And I agree with the post above it will make you more motivated to get more clients in and also you can still do up your room at home :-D. 100£ a week is good also xx

how will it work with storage etc when you say someone else rents it on a sunday?? also what if he changes his mind and wants more days?? best to get these things sorted in writing first!!

oh and does the £100 include bills, rates and licence??

With regards to the storage issue, I would just take my things home with me. Also there is another room where I can put my things but I wouldn't leave my items such as shellac and tanning things there at the start anyway.

After seeing it I say go for it. It's gorgeous, you could move straight in and the fact that you are paying rent will probably mean that you will get that kick up the bum to make sure you have more clients coming through the door so you can cover your rent.

You can always still decorate your home salon so youve got something ready to fall back on if it didn't work out.

xxx

I think that's the right decision. I'm going there tomorrow to go and chat with the owner and see what she says. I wouldn't need to spend any money on the room which is a massive plus so it's just making sure I'm covering the rent as I'm the only one with a wage. :) x

I think you will do fantastic :) And the good thing is, hopefully their will be clients you can share!

Good luck. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The girl that works there offers lipo treatments and their is a hairdressers down stairs, so she said there will be alot of clients. Apparently many of the clients have been asking for shellac and tanning which is perfect for me. I think it will be a bad choice to turn it down. I have ordered loads of cards and brochures so I can get them out this weekend. X

That's perfect!! Get yourself in there :-D x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

With regards to the storage issue, I would just take my things home with me. Also there is another room where I can put my things but I wouldn't leave my items such as shellac and tanning things there at the start anyway.

sounds perfect then hun and good luck xx

Latest posts

Back