Begging Time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nailsinlondon1 said:
Just a thought................
When you removed the virus , did you make sure it was completley removed and it didn't leave any traces in the registry ????
Some viruses plant themself in the registry and disguise themself as a program or entry that the PC thinks is totaly legit........
Check back on information about the virus and look for any information on Trendmicro or Norton, for any tips on cleaning the registry...........
There is usualy a help page to check for registry entries this virus might have created .................
Then when you sure all is clean ,defrag the PC,this will put all the files back into their relevant place................

Also worth a shot is this, if your PC is virus free and you have Win XP, go to system restore and select a restore point, a date when you knew for sure your pc exepted all your hardware settings...and was running ok..............
Then after doing this virus scan again, just to make sure it is clean..........
update your virus software on a regular bases , so it detects the latest virus in circulation........

Just a thought xxx

WOW Ruth!!! :D How clued up are you!!!

I have to say I am not that good with computers....hence I got my brother to sort...and he is obviously not as good as I thought!! :irked: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info hun and as soon as I get the printer working I will print it out and keep for future reference!

Nikki XXX

I've just emailed you with some pics. They're not great but when I get the time to take some better ones I'll send them as well!!!

Also, just jumping on the band wagon a little, if anyone wants me to put they're pics on my site I will. I don't get as much traffic as Jackie but, hey, you can never get too much exposure!!!!!!!

Just email me with your pics to [email protected] and I'll link to your website as well.

Seanny said:
Yep, it's that time of year again. BEGGING TIME! :p I'm coming to you guys with cap in hand asking for your nail pics.

I had previously sent Jackie some, but I will forward you some more - you can put them all in or just choose ones you also like, feel free to also put them in the nail Director, which is just fab by the way

Seanny said:
Dianne, I've added your pics and given you a pretty (was gonna say brothelised, better not *LOL*) page. If you'd like me to tone it down, just say. To any concerned Geeks who submitted their pics in the early stages, dont worry, your pages will also get a makeover very soon.

hi seanny
thanks for that - funnily enough pinks just my colour!
just curious - there's obviously the picture gallery where these have been added but how do we go about getting pictures on the nail tech list (black pages)...hope you get my drift!
Thanks again, really appreciate all your hard work :D

Hi guys, thanks for your continued input and support. It may appear that I'm falling behind slightly with picture updates as I'm presently in the process of updating and optimizing the regular galleries at Liberty Nail Design (Jackie's own nail art pics) However, once you send me your pics, they go into a special folder with your name on it and rest assured, I will get round to you.

Linda.....apologies from me. I already have your nail art piccies, I've just got bogged down in my email. However fear not, you are in the queue and your pics will be added asap.

Kelly, same as above. Thanks for your nail art photos, I'll add them as soon as possible, latest tomorrow evening.

Dianne, all you have to do to have your pics listed in The Nail Directory (the black pages???? *LOL* is to email me and let me know that's what you wanna do. You can submit new pics or just tell me to use the ones that I have for LND.

:Kissing: :hug: :biggrin: :) ;) :lick: :p :cool: :lol: Hi guys, just me again. Great news.... well, it's great news for Jackie and I re the LND website. We've hit the bigtime in Google. We're now coming up in Google on page 1 for nearly all our search terms, 'nail art training', 'nail tech training', 'nail galleries', 'nail art step by steps', 'nails dublin' and 'nails ireland'. What this means is that you just put your search term in Google and our site comes up.

"That's great Sean but we Geeks dont give a monkeys about that stuff".

Ok, I know you dont. The reason I'm mentioning it here is that Jackie and I have agreed to 'distribute the wealth' so to speak. Up til now, we regularly received 1800 to 2000 hits every day, and that was getting zero traffic from Google. That is going to change very soon so we expect a healthy increase from all google nail searches. You'll notice on the guests gallery page at present that there is a link up for Glynis to try and bring her some extra traffic as a small reward for starting up her sigs page and for designing lots of sigs for geeks here. Well, what we propose to do is expand that link to include everyone who has pictures posted in the guests gallery. Your link will be in a prominent position at the top of the page and it will be displayed there for one week at a time. Now, if you want any extra traffic that we send your way to be repeat traffic, get cracking on your website now. Sort out your pictures, spell check your pages and make sure your own page links are working properly. I hope to have this up and running in 2 weeks time.

Catch you guys later

Hi Sean,

Thanks for putting my pics on!!! They look fab!

You're right Kelly, they do look fab. Well done you! :D

Dianne and Lucia, I've updated your pics in The nail Directory (that's the 'black pages' to you Dianne :smack: )

Hi Seanny, Ive e-mailed you some pics at last! Dont know if the quality is good enough but I took about 100 pics and most of them were pants!! cant get them clear enough even with the macro, think I may be a little too far away? Anyway, choose the ones that you think are ok - i'm not fussed which ones go on...... Thanks very much x

That should have been Dianne and Linda in my previous post. Sorry Linda.

Sherrie, can you check which email addy you sent your pics to? I havent received anything yet hun.

Sorry Seanny, they were too big so it wouldnt send!! got hubby on the case and its on its way to you right this minute :) xx

Nice one, I'll let you know when I've added them.

Sherrie, your pics are in, yours too Jinx. Thanks guys. :)

Oooh, thanks Seanny, just had a look, they look great! No.4 doesn't show up on my pc though? dont know if its just my end of if its missing? x

Sherrie, no probs this end, all the pics and links are loaded correctly. Try refreshing the cache, press 'control' and 'F5' when you're on that page.

Hi Sean, I've sent you another pic for my page in the Guest Gallery, can you add it please and put it with my other pics in the Nail Directory.
Thanks! Did you enjoy the Rugby?

I've received your pic Dianne, and a pretty one it is too. Both of your galleries have been updated, thanks for your support.

Thanks too for reminding me about the darn rugby!! No, I didnt enjoy it. We lost.... my life's all but over. :(

I'll be ok soon. :)

Hi Seanny,

I've tried emailing you a couple of times about listing me on the Nail Directory but I've had no reply - probaby because I've done it wrong!!!! Would you please be able to put me on there?!!!!! :biggrin:

Kelly, my sincere apologies to you hun. I was mixing you up with 'Totally Polished', I just assumed that you'd forgotten that you were already in the Directory.

DOH! Sometimes I can be a real moron. :rolleyes: Can you kindly submit your details one more time and I'll sort it asap. Once again, my apologies.

Latest posts

Back