Beginner at waxing: Hive Duo heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nina.h

Reaction score
I'm beginning to collect bits and pieces in order to start working as a mobile therapist after I have completed my Level 2 qualification this summer. I'm keen to offer waxing services and so have been looking at heaters. I'm aware Hive make good ones but was wondering weather it is worth paying a little extra for the duo heater or to just stick with a single heater? Wanted to know the benefits of the duo heater and any good/bad experiences with it?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to hear back

I personally have 2 separate heaters. I chose this for 2 reasons - Firstly if one of the heaters stops working I only have to replace that one rather than both, secondly if a client is having a waxing service that only required one type of wax then I only have to take that heater with me. This is personal preference & I am sure others work well with a duo heater.

[emoji171]

I personally have 2 separate heaters. I chose this for 2 reasons - Firstly if one of the heaters stops working I only have to replace that one rather than both, secondly if a client is having a waxing service that only required one type of wax then I only have to take that heater with me. This is personal preference & I am sure others work well with a duo heater.

[emoji171]

That's a good thought actually! Which heaters do you use? Thanks for getting back..

[emoji175]

I have Hive Heaters. They look like this one
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463156715.045138.jpg

I have Hive Heaters. They look like this one View attachment 197157

Hi could you tell me if the lid to this heater is secure as I've brought this same one but the 3 catches don't seem to be locking into place properly so lid isn't very secure. One catch seems to lock but the others don't so one side I can sort of lift up. I sent it back but the replacement is the same. Not sure if it should be like that or I've got from a faulty batch. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Hi could you tell me if the lid to this heater is secure as I've brought this same one but the 3 catches don't seem to be locking into place properly so lid isn't very secure. One catch seems to lock but the others don't so one side I can sort of lift up. I sent it back but the replacement is the same. Not sure if it should be like that or I've got from a faulty batch. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Yes it is secure - clicks on and then twists shut if that makes sense. Sounds like the lid is not fitting properly on yours.

Latest posts

Back