Hive wax heater settings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naomi Wood

Rare Aesthetics
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I'm new to waxing, I've just completed a brow waxing course. I've been out and bought a Hive 500cc starter kit which includes a pot of warm honey wax.

I'm a little confused as to what setting to put the heater on. My course did cover heat but it wasn't specific to heaters. Could anyone recommend the best setting and how long it takes to heat it? I believe once it at temp it maintains the correct heat? The instructions that came with the heater are very vague.

Thank you so much

I use Hive heaters for both hot & cool wax. I'm not too sure about the honey wax, but for cool wax I have it on full heat for 15-20 mins initially then turn it down to the half-way mark to get it to working temp. It does maintain the working temp to a degree but you still need to keep an eye on it & adjust up / down as you work. With non-digital heaters it's best to get to know your wax, so you know it's the correct temp just by looking at it (consistency etc) Hope that helps :)

Thank you that's really helpful :)

Latest posts

Back