Belle hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaz19k

Reaction score
Hi I was hoping to do a course with belle hair extensions in Newcastle I was just wondering if any one can give me advice or feedback also could u let me know were abouts in Newcastle it is as I would have to travel as not from there myself but think this would b the closest x thanks

someone i know has just done this course
She told us 25 on the course in a hotel room! A one day course at £500 its a lot of money with so many on a course (£12.500)
3 trainers but she said she doesn't feel confident in hair extensions. They say you can go back for free for a day, but she said she would feel awkward. I don't know what insurance company you could use after your training? Would need to check.
What accreditations are companies issuing?

I did my training with them and I wouldn't recommend them! Seriously.

I just found that for the money I paid, all I was shown was some slide show for theory and given a cheap starter kit.

I bought all my own tools afterwards and did further training.I also had a few questions after the course which they said they would be happy to answer via email, I never received any help afterwards, my emails were ignored.

I felt that they were more interested in making money than giving proper training.

My course was in a hotel also with around 10 other girls, they didn't spend much time with each person which was what was needed. Some girls were having difficulty with them and they weren't given much help, but left the course with poor skills.

Don't get me wrong, the trainers were lovely! And it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, but not enough training for you to start doing them professionally.

Just an honest opinion.

try Lush-us uk sweetie.

I beleive (not 100% sure )
that Habia are stopping approving any hair extensions courses due to bad training and other things, once their accrediations have run out, so i would imagine people will have no where to go then. I beleive Companies have to renew every year. Seems Companies are using Habia logo willy nilly even if their accrediataion has run out. Prospective students just believe what they see on websites and don't check people out, should call Habia about whatever school before booking. Anyone can put logos and badges on a website.. are they valid and up to date and authorised?
Also, insurance Companies will take your money til it comes to a claim, watch them not pay out!
Too late when you've paid, buyer beware.

thought compelled to reply to this thread because i found the course informative and as expected and my opinion differs. my course had 8 students and 3 teachers and i personally learned everything they said i would learn.my feedback was excellent and i would personally recommend belle. they also provided adequate aftercare emails/calls and delivered. cannot fault. x

I beleive (not 100% sure )
that Habia are stopping approving any hair extensions courses due to bad training and other things, once their accrediations have run out, so i would imagine people will have no where to go then. I beleive Companies have to renew every year. Seems Companies are using Habia logo willy nilly even if their accrediataion has run out. Prospective students just believe what they see on websites and don't check people out, should call Habia about whatever school before booking. Anyone can put logos and badges on a website.. are they valid and up to date and authorised?
Also, insurance Companies will take your money til it comes to a claim, watch them not pay out!
Too late when you've paid, buyer beware.

Yes this is true. It is now much harder to be a habia approved course as there has just been to many bad ones sending out unqualified people so they are trying to regulate it more.

I'm doing my training in Glasgow in 2 weeks. I'm very exited! I've done extensions on myself and friends, but need qualifications so I can charge for it. I know ins and outs of extensions, just really need a certificate and a bit more technical knowledge. Let me know how you felt about your course! Xx

can't see any of the top 3 hair extensions training schools that come up on Google on Habias website , must be no longer approved even tho some are still using Habia logo now illegally. How would students get insured!!?? Maybe bad insurance companies who don't check and just take money. Anyone can do a course accredited and certified by the school themselves, means nothing.
Insurance companies surely wouldn't pay out on a self certified certificate if their was a claim!!

I think that maybe the acredited companys are the ones that insist on the students already having level 2 NVQ in hairdressig.

thought compelled to reply to this thread because i found the course informative and as expected and my opinion differs. my course had 8 students and 3 teachers and i personally learned everything they said i would learn.my feedback was excellent and i would personally recommend belle. they also provided adequate aftercare emails/calls and delivered. cannot fault. x

Well I can fault and I would like to give my experience about belle I would personally not ever recommend belle hair extensions, I wish I would have known what I know now and would never have spent the money with them. The training was awful and I really do not feel confident at all in hair extensions, I have called but just get fobbed off. I only booked at I saw on here someone said they was really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I was hoping to do a course with belle hair extensions in Newcastle I was just wondering if any one can give me advice or feedback also could u let me know were abouts in Newcastle it is as I would have to travel as not from there myself but think this would b the closest x thanks

Don't waste your money x

I completed the hair course with them & had no problems... looked them up to check that they were on habia beforehand and they still are approved by them which is reassuring... was in a group of 7 with 3 teachers in london n i thought that was fine. a couple of my friends took the course as well & are doing SO well. I think its just about finding one that u know people have been on and are successful afterwards. good luck :)

I completed the hair course with them & had no problems... looked them up to check that they were on habia beforehand and they still are approved by them which is reassuring... was in a group of 7 with 3 teachers in london n i thought that was fine. a couple of my friends took the course as well & are doing SO well. I think its just about finding one that u know people have been on and are successful afterwards. good luck :)

What I do find funny reading through the forum post ever about belle, there is always someone who has very little posts who says how wonderful they are. Its all a bit suspect and what conned me into going with them, so maybe knowing someone in person is better than random. I just had a post edited due to mentioning the directors name, so I will not mention the directors name again, but I will say that do your home work, this information is all free from google, I wish I would have before going on the course. They gave us a suppliers list which was a joke, the supplier glamours lengths is owned by the same girl who owns belle, although they hide this. Like I said all this information can be found on google. I would just say buyer beware, I am taking mine further as it was not at all value for money and extremely poor training and service. Anyone else with bad experiences from belle then please contact me.

I had problems with glamoury lengths hair it's defo not cuticle correct etc x

What I do find funny reading through the forum post ever about belle, there is always someone who has very little posts who says how wonderful they are. Its all a bit suspect and what conned me into going with them, so maybe knowing someone in person is better than random. I just had a post edited due to mentioning the directors name, so I will not mention the directors name again, but I will say that do your home work, this information is all free from google, I wish I would have before going on the course. They gave us a suppliers list which was a joke, the supplier glamours lengths is owned by the same girl who owns belle, although they hide this. Like I said all this information can be found on google. I would just say buyer beware, I am taking mine further as it was not at all value for money and extremely poor training and service. Anyone else with bad experiences from belle then please contact me./quote]

I think everyone is different I found the course good and help was always at hand but there was quite a few non hairdressers who were struggling to take it in it doesn't matter whether it's belle or balmain you will always get different opinions so you really need to write down what you expect from a course and ask the companies if they can exceed ur expectations xx

can't see any of the top 3 hair extensions training schools that come up on Google on Habias website , must be no longer approved even tho some are still using Habia logo now illegally. How would students get insured!!?? Maybe bad insurance companies who don't check and just take money. Anyone can do a course accredited and certified by the school themselves, means nothing.
Insurance companies surely wouldn't pay out on a self certified certificate if their was a claim!!

Is belle on the habia site? I can't figure out how to check x

well ive never trained with them but i went for a interview with them for apprentice i was told hairdressing but when i got there was told mainly extensions i also walked in to a learning room there were at least 20people to one one tutor x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What I do find funny reading through the forum post ever about belle, there is always someone who has very little posts who says how wonderful they are. Its all a bit suspect and what conned me into going with them, so maybe knowing someone in person is better than random. I just had a post edited due to mentioning the directors name, so I will not mention the directors name again, but I will say that do your home work, this information is all free from google, I wish I would have before going on the course. They gave us a suppliers list which was a joke, the supplier glamours lengths is owned by the same girl who owns belle, although they hide this. Like I said all this information can be found on google. I would just say buyer beware, I am taking mine further as it was not at all value for money and extremely poor training and service. Anyone else with bad experiences from belle then please contact me.

gosh...I just joined salon geek because the girls on the course told me its good to find out hair info from other professionals! don't think its very professional branding everyone with the same brush but hey ho :confused: just saying my 2 cents on how I found it. I think theyre doing a good job with a friendly atmosphere which I personally loved. Each to their own but as I said, if you know someone real who's gone on a course then you'll know its a good course (rather than someone who has 3 posts all against belle) :rolleyes:

gosh...I just joined salon geek because the girls on the course told me its good to find out hair info from other professionals! don't think its very professional branding everyone with the same brush but hey ho :confused: just saying my 2 cents on how I found it. I think theyre doing a good job with a friendly atmosphere which I personally loved. Each to their own but as I said, if you know someone real who's gone on a course then you'll know its a good course (rather than someone who has 3 posts all against belle) :rolleyes:

Agree with this! Cannot wait to do my course, I'm expecting great things :D xxx

Latest posts

Back