Best brand of high lift tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_me_2k

Reaction score
Hi all

Which brand gives the best lift? I normally use Maji-blonde and am wanting to know if there is anything better.

Ideally I want to take a base 5/6 to a really light ash blonde and do not want to use bleach

Thanks

Hi all

Which brand gives the best lift? I normally use Maji-blonde and am wanting to know if there is anything better.

Ideally I want to take a base 5/6 to a really light ash blonde and do not want to use bleach

Thanks

Hi , well if your'e lifting from a 5/6 base
as you know it will all depend on how many orangey tones are present ,
my hair is around a base 5 and used to throw off a lot of orangey tones
I have tried all sorts of different high lift tints but I found for nuetralizing those orangey tones in my hair
Wella in 12/11 gave me the best high lift blonde,
I used 12% with a 1+2 mix
but this was on my own scalp though and not a clients ,

I loved it when it was first done as it lifted to a lovely ash blonde of around a base 9 to 10
but as the ash tone faded as it always does in every tint,
it used to go a little bit golden before I got the roots done again ,

but as I say this will depend on how much orange pigment is present ,
so again test peices are the way to go , :)

I also find Wella high tints are amazing for highlights as they grip really well
on the foils and dont slip , plus they dont swell too much in the foil packets either , :hug:

Realistically ,i dont think that you will get a true ash tone on that base . you could always add ash mix to the tint , but you have to be really careful with the overlapping . I tried some Carmen hi lift tint as it was on sale aat the wholesalers , and the ratio is a 1+ 3( it does thicken up) which i found strange at first , but i have to say it was great , but i cant get it locally any more ,anyhow ,if you come across it tis great

The best highlift i have ever used is colorissimo's 100c its from the permanent line by Renbow who also make crazy color its ash is the strongest of any highlift.

Latest posts

Back