Best color for copper/auburn?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessBK

Reaction score
I have a couple of regular clients for whom I use Matrix SoColors 7CG, 5CG, 6C a lot. I usually buy from Cosmoprof (my local supplier), but these colours haven't been in stock for ages. I think they might be discontinued?
Anyway, maybe it is a sign to try a new line of colors (been using SoColor for years now). Thinking Wella or Joico. Any thoughts / preferences? I am most worried about being able to get the copper/gold/reds right (seem to have a lot of ginger clients!).

I have a couple of regular clients for whom I use Matrix SoColors 7CG, 5CG, 6C a lot. I usually buy from Cosmoprof (my local supplier), but these colours haven't been in stock for ages. I think they might be discontinued?
Anyway, maybe it is a sign to try a new line of colors (been using SoColor for years now). Thinking Wella or Joico. Any thoughts / preferences? I am most worried about being able to get the copper/gold/reds right (seem to have a lot of ginger clients!).
I really like the wella coppers, when you get to know the shades well, it's amazing how vibrant you can make them, or how soft and natural you can make them. You have 6/34, 7/34 + 8/34 which are golden reds (golden copper tones) . You have 5/43, 6/43, 7/43 + 8/43 which are red golds. (copper tones)
You have 5/41, 6/41, 8/41 which is red Ash (very natural looking red copper).
7/47 is a red brunette (very natural auburn)
6/74 + 8/74 - brunette red (more of a copper chestnut)
5/37 + 7/37 gold brunette (chestnut)
I hope you find this helpful, at least you can now have a look at the shades and see how they compare to what you'd normally use in matrix. There are obviously other shades as well.
The shades mentioned are koleston perfect - which is a permanent range.

I love the Rusk coppers (Sally’s own brand), they are rich and vibrant and leave a beautiful shine! 7.44cc is my fave (intense copper) or the 6.43 (copper gold). They cover grey really well and also come in Demi as well as permanent x

Latest posts

Back