Best dip systems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatSmith422

Reaction score
Who has a favorite dip system? I’ve tried OPI and kiara sky, they’re both ok but not fantastic. I was just wondering if anyone had a favorite system. I’m more interested in the actual liquid lines, not as much powders. All the powders seem to work well, but I don’t mind hearing opinions for all of it! Thanks!

I just got an NSI Simplicité polygel dip kit and I’m really impressed. Because it’s a UV system there are no gummed up brushes to clean and if you get a problem at any point ( like my accidentally catching the edge of the dip pot with my nail) it’s easily fixed because you can just take off that layer and redo it. Nothing sets until you pop it under the lamp.

I personally am loving the Artistic Perfect Dip (powder)! There's over 40 colours to choose from (glitters, metallics, crèmes) and clients have been getting 14+ days wear from them. There's no smell to them so it's not unpleasant for clients to sit through the manicure and you get a real vivid colour payoff. There's also a Dual Ended Dish which allows you to create smile lines easily.

I personally am loving the Artistic Perfect Dip (powder)! There's over 40 colours to choose from (glitters, metallics, crèmes) and clients have been getting 14+ days wear from them. There's no smell to them so it's not unpleasant for clients to sit through the manicure and you get a real vivid colour payoff. There's also a Dual Ended Dish which allows you to create smile lines easily.

Lol, that’s my other favourite too. The colours are really intense.

Having tried Kiara Sky and not being very impressed, I've now moved over to the Gelish dip and I love it! It is so easy to use doesn't lift or chip and I'm totally impressed :)

Does anybody know if you can use gel polish over a clear dip nail
Thank you

Does anybody know if you can use gel polish over a clear dip nail
Thank you
I have done this on my daughter after buffing the nails. She didn't find the gel polish lasted as long as it would over hard gel or L&P enhancements.

Thank you for your reply I will not use it then
Much appreciated

Thank you for your reply I will not use it then
Much appreciated
As it was a while ago I can't really remember if I applied the gel polish on top of the refined nail before I applied the hard gel top coat, or whether I applied the hard gel top coat and buffed it before applying gel polish! Thinking about it, because normal gel polish topcoat doesn't work on powder dip enhancements, it would be understandable if gel polish applied straight on top wouldn't either. Maybe it would be worth experimenting by buffing the hard gel top coat, then apply a thin layer of basecoat and then gel polish ?

Latest posts

Back