Best gel polish for thin, weak nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innocence

Reaction score
So myself, mum and fried all have really thin and weak nails.
I've tried cuccio veneer and after a week it seems to just come away the free edge on us all, another friend it lasts weeks. Though it's perfectly fine on my toes.
So I really want a gel polish that will last on weak/thin nails.

Have u tried gelish?

Not yet I haven't, it is one I've been thinking about try though.
Is it ideal for thin nails?

Gellux lasts on me, my nails are very thin and bendy.

Gelish has really helped my weak think nails however I think they have got much stronger by religiously using nourish cuticle oil several times a day, I've noticed a huge difference using this and gelish

Would definitely recommend gelish. :)

I would suggest using a builder gel underneath any gel polish if your nails are that weak

Have you tried IBX to repair your nails?
I've had great success with it with lots of clients who were struggling with weak nails. All have had much better wear from their manicures even just after one treatment and some have gone from their manicure lasting less than a week to getting 3 weeks no problem.

im not sure if gelish is the answer.i think its about what you add to the gel polish to aid adhesion, for example Artistic colour gloss correction gel, or CND Brisa lite Smoothing gel, or IBX.

IBX and Gel II for me, have tried CND Shellac with Brisa lite under, Gelish with Structure Gel under and iLac, nothing comes close to Gel II for strengthening my nails and lasting! x

IBX and Gel II for me, have tried CND Shellac with Brisa lite under, Gelish with Structure Gel under and iLac, nothing comes close to Gel II for strengthening my nails and lasting! x

what makes gel|| so special if you don't mind me asking bbcharmer? is their a strength agent in it?

what makes gel|| so special if you don't mind me asking bbcharmer? is their a strength agent in it?

If I'm honest, I don't really know exactly what is in Gell 2 that makes it so strong on my nails. I actually looked at my training notes to try and give you an answer, so I'm going to give you some quotes.

It's a two-step professional system that is unique from any other on the market.
It's fused with Micronized Calcium that helps nails stay strong and healthy for up to 3 weeks.
It's free of traditional harsh solvents and is designed to protect and fortify natural nails.
Nails remain hydrated throughout wear and stay strong.
Xtreme shine top coat ideal for clients with thin or weak nails.

Since I posted this I have tried using their 'Glass Skyscraper Gel' over my gel polish as another way of strengthening nails and I have actually been able to wear them longer than I have in years. It's allowed me to change the shape of my nails to almond/oval instead of square for strength.

Hope this has been helpful x

If I'm honest, I don't really know exactly what is in Gell 2 that makes it so strong on my nails. I actually looked at my training notes to try and give you an answer, so I'm going to give you some quotes.

It's a two-step professional system that is unique from any other on the market.
It's fused with Micronized Calcium that helps nails stay strong and healthy for up to 3 weeks.
It's free of traditional harsh solvents and is designed to protect and fortify natural nails.
Nails remain hydrated throughout wear and stay strong.
Xtreme shine top coat ideal for clients with thin or weak nails.

Since I posted this I have tried using their 'Glass Skyscraper Gel' over my gel polish as another way of strengthening nails and I have actually been able to wear them longer than I have in years. It's allowed me to change the shape of my nails to almond/oval instead of square for strength.

Hope this has been helpful x
Can you tell me which site you buy your Gel ll from please ? my nails are so thin they don't hold gel polish for long. Thanks:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree. For my ladies who really have thin nails, I've gone a step further and started applying some Skyscraper builder gel underneath their polish. Every lady in my test of 5 initial clients has managed 3 weeks with little damage aside from one lady who had a minuscule chip caused on day 21 by laying floor tiles!

It's utterly phenomenal!

I also have very thin nails. I'm currently using artistic gloss and it does stay on for about a week and a half, but it starts to lift at the free edge especially once my nails start getting long. I recently bought the correction gel to wear underneath but noticed upon removal my nails were in worse shape. I'm still trying to get them back to normal, and have since ditched the correction gel. Any thoughts on why that would happen?

Vitagel by gelish then a gelish colour :)

I wouldnt be putting gel on them until they are healthy. Work on getting them healthy before applying gel on them

Can you tell me which site you buy your Gel ll from please ? my nails are so thin they don't hold gel polish for long. Thanks:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes it's 'The Creative Beauty Group' x

Latest posts

Back